Massive Dreamworld Expansion

GoGoBoy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I studied Ancient History at school and did Egypt so I understand what those monuments mean to their culture.
he doesnt need a T
umm.... YES...... he does...... what they MEAN to their culture, refers to the monuments and NOW. what they MEANT to their culture would be referring to the ancients. Adam... for christs sake i dont know how many times we are going to keep on saying this - SHUT UP. Try this, before posting again - 1) read the post you are responding to 2) do it again 3) thoroughly 4) think about what you are about to say. 5) compare those thoughts with the post you are responding to... 6) ask yourself.... IS IT RELEVANT? 7) ask yourself.... DOES IT MAKE SENSE? 8) ask yourself.... DOES IT CONTRIBUTE MEANINGFULLY TO THE TOPIC? 9) type out your response 10) repeat steps 1 to 8 AGAIN, and then click SUBMIT REPLY.

Alex, you really do have too much spare time to waste your time trying to be funny, when your not. When reading his post about his knowledge of Ancient History, it seems pretty clear to me that he is talking about the ancient Egyptians. What would it mean to the modern day Egyptians? Nothing (as Matty pointed out). It was the ancient Egyptians who built pyramids, it's their culture.

how many times we are going to keep on saying this - SHUT UP
Alex seriously, your an idiot. With a discussion there is always two sides to a topic, that's the point of a forum. Just because I don't agree with you on everything doesn't mean you have to cry about it. Get over it mate...

i have no problem with the fact you disagree with me. I quite often disagree with people when i feel one way is right and they feel the other way is right. Matty O just backed up what has been said about requiring a T. The pyramids MEANT a lot to the ancient egyptians, but they still MEAN a lot to the egyptians of today. if the Egyptians of today did not care about Ancient Egyptians and what they cared about, then there would be no contest. It seemed pretty clear to you, Adam, because your grammar is as shot as a highway road sign on Route 66. the single letter T dramatically changed the meaning of Bussy's post, and since you neither made the post, nor pointed out the missing letter "t", i declare it to be none of your frickin business and for you to shut the hell up. It became MY business when you stuck your frickin nose in and tried to be smart because I am sick of your stupidity, your arrogance and the fact you're just a pain in the arse. Adam - you are a 100% certified Chocolate Teapot. And... be honest with yourself.... you didn't follow points 1-10 when you posted that did you... i thought not.

This is how it appears to me; Wonderbus said he would not enter the pyramids as he respects the spiritual beliefs of those who built the pyramids. Alex, I don't recall it becoming your business since I replied to the post with my opinion, but I am sorry Matty, I should have said "I THINK he is referring to the ancient Egyptians." I'm not even going to bother arguing with you Alex. Your one sad guy, if it makes you feel better calling me a smart arse or a teapot then go for your life.

Im taking a neutral stance here, but what other natural wonders worldwide are people restricted from visiting excluding those with environmental reasons (eg visting it would cause erosion, degredation ect) Also, what is the big attraction of climbing it? I think a good compromise would be to have a helicopter/balloon flight over the rock, nobody can own air, but it would still offer similar views without touching the rock.

Good Point Gazza, and I Agree. I am quite happy to respect another person's culture, and if they request I do not climb on a sacred relic of their history, the same way a japanese person would request I take my shoes off upon entering their house, it is their way, and I would respect it. Having said that, I feel that the current Australian Government is perhaps going a little overboard when it comes to Aboriginal Rights. Im not saying treat them worse than any other cultural group in australia, minority or majority, im saying treat them the same. If we are all equal, why is there Austudy and ABstudy? Why does Centrelink need to know if i consider myself an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander before they will discuss anything with me? It is the White, Mid-20's to Late-40's Straight non-religious Australian Male who gets shat on these days. everyone else is a member of some minority, be it Youth, Female, homosexual, ethnic or aboriginal, jewish or muslim or whatever... And these days the "equality" is taken so far it is reverse prejudice. The people who used to be the discriminator 30 years ago are now the same group of people who are the discriminated. Good Point Righty... but now it will be the politically correct rollercoaster that runs from coomera to cairo... i'd like to see that...

I enjoyed my tour of the Pyramids.... They obviously don't have a problem with us going through them otherwise we wouldn't be! On the other hand, I have also been to a number of countries where I have removed my shoes before entering a sacred monument/building or worn a friggin dicky hat for a Bah Mitzvah in Jerusalem! Political correctness... stick it up your arse! However, if I go into and become part of their culture for a reason I will respect it. As should happen here. It's our country, if you don't like the way we do things, piss off home! Adam, if you write YOUR instead of YOU'RE one more time I will blow up! If you can't get it right, find another word, please!

It's interesting that people know what I am thinking. I was referring to the current Egyptians. Yes you can walk on and into (very limited) the pyramids but just like Australia the majority of Egyptians are not descended from the ancient culture. It all boils down to one thing, respect for people and their culture. No matter where you go in the world you are expected to adhere to their customs. This applies to everyone except Americans who can do whatever they want. Anyway I think Dreamworld should build a huge new coaster that encompasses all the wonders of the world, natural and man made. It would start in the station which is themed as a CenterLink office and the first question is if you are Aboriginal or Torres Straight descended. At the end of the ride those people of that background receive a full refund of their admission to the park and a second ride on the coaster. "The Bus is now leaving for Wigay Cultural Education Park, NSW"

I reckon this could be broken off into its own thread. Political correctness has been invented by buerecrats and not by minoriy groups. For example, many non christian religious leaders have made it quite clear that they dont care if we have christmas cellebrations, yet councils, schools ect keep canceling it at their own will, not because any religious group has told them to, so its really the people who cancel its fault, not other religions. If political correctness keeps going the way it is, its just going to reach a boiling point where everone just vents how they feel and does what they want in an exposion of "political incorrectness".

Okay, thanks for clearing that up wonderbus, although I cannot see how the culture of the modern-day Egyptians would prevent you walking into a Pyramid. The custom of not disturbing an Egyptian Tomb or resting place is derived from the ancient Egyptians and is only sometimes enforced by current day Egyptians (as you said yourself). It is the culture and beliefs of those who built the pyramids, and only some of these beliefs have been passed down to current-day Egyptians (which are somewhat loosely enforced). However, the reasoning as to why you wouldn’t enter a pyramid is yours, not mine.

The only reason I have for not stepping on or in a pyramid is respect. Simple. I have read you last post several times now Adam and am yet to understand what you are going on about. Firstly you seem to have missed my point that the modern Egyptians do not, on a whole, base their beliefs on ancient traditions, hell it's a Muslim country. But there is a group that still do and just like Australia they are a minority. However just because they are a minority doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected. The Alien's didn't build the pyramids the American's did. "The Bus is now leaving for Alien Dam, Victoria"

Firstly you seem to have missed my point that the modern Egyptians do not, on a wholem, base their beliefs on ancient traditions
Wonderbus, what exactly did I mean when I said this - "only sometimes enforced by current day Egyptians" and - "only some of these beliefs have been passed down to current-day Egyptians (which are somewhat loosely enforced)" Can you not see I am agreeing with you? But now I understand what you are saying, you’re (thanks Daniel) respecting the few current day Egyptians who still follow the beliefs of the ancient day Egyptians. Although I would define these people as “ancient day Egyptians,” because in a sense they are. They are people with the same beliefs, the same people who built the pyramids, put the curses on them, and told everyone not to disturb them (and yes thats my way of trying to correct myself and say I was right all along as I always do). Now I’m with you, or have I missed it completed? Probably… So, Dreamworld anyone?

The only reason I have for not stepping on or in a pyramid is respect.  Simple. I have read you last post several times now Adam and am yet to understand what you are going on about.  Firstly you seem to have missed my point that the modern Egyptians do not, on a whole, base their beliefs on ancient traditions, hell it's a Muslim country.  But there is a group that still do and just like Australia they are a minority.  However just because they are a minority doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected. The Alien's didn't build the pyramids the American's did. "The Bus is now leaving for Alien Dam, Victoria"
Okay firstly, who is this "minority group" which believes in people not touching the pyramids? Secondly, many other cultures (e.g American Indians, NZ Maoris) openly welcome visitors to come and explore their "sacred" sites. If anything it helps people to learn and understand more about their culture. Telling people they can't climb a rock in the middle of a desert isn't really doing much for Aboriginals.

That is correct and that is what I was referring to. Edit: Chrisius, read my posts and you will get the answer to your question. I have explained it several times and couldn't be bothered doing it again. Secondly just because some cultures allow people to do something’s doesn't mean that all of them do or should. Thirdly does it really matter that it isn't doing anything for the Aboriginals? As far as I am concerned when they re-took 'ownership' of Uluru and asked people not to climb it they gained respect with me. "The Bus is now leaving for Verbena, Queensland"