No Summer event at Dreamworld

Vidgamer

I thought I would throw this out there as an interesting observation. Every summer since TRRR Dreamworld has held a summer event, a Circus, Monster Trucks (geez these weren't the best...), the jet pack people etc.. This was clearly a way to get people in and it does seem to work. This summer it seems like Dreamworld isn't doing anything 'special' for January. I think this is Dreamworld believing the lineup is strong enough now to bring people in (and Dreamland is opening with new attractions) but I do find this interesting because it means Dreamworld now has school holiday events every break except January. I think it's a premature move personally especially at MW has Hooray for Hollywood but keen on what others think.

• Like 1

For everyone’s reference, the Summer events they’ve had since 2015 are:

2015 - Beatbox

2016 - Fire Machine Night Show

2017- Can’t find/remover the event

2018 - Can’t find/remover the event

2019 - Fun House 

2020 - Bluey Show & Monster Trucks

2021 - Dreamworld Memories/Cosentino 

2022 - Dreamworld Circus

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

It could be more of who the boss is now.  When the boss of DW was the boss of MW, summer events rarely happened at MW.  🤷‍♂️

Yes, but most of the current yearly events (including recent summer events) have happened during that time. I’d say because of all the construction that has/is happening, that’s been their focus and they are relying on that for the summer 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, New display name said:

DW isn't extending its opening hours either.  I thought at the very least, Night Markets would be open every night.

This does confuse me though. Even if the park was open until 7 Sunday to Thursday and then the night markets operated as normal. Just having the park open those extra couple hours makes a difference.