Dreamworld water park Attractions

mattcrombie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That has to be one of the most original slides i have seen in a while, cant wait to see one built. Though what are these whirly wheel rafts they speak of, are they like a mini version of the ones on mammoth falls but only holding 2 people?
They're shaped like a clover-leaf and they seat 4 people with their legs in the middle. Everyone faces inwards so you can get any direction.... basically like a wierd shaped mammoth raft!

• 2 weeks later...
Why did they have to build the waterpark there?!
Because the water mains on the other side of the park did not have the extra capacity to supply another waterpark (Eg topping up the pools and cleaning the filters, water used in Toilets/Changerooms ,water for the food outlets, irrigation for gardens; they would use a fair bit of water) Hence they built it at the other end where the mains could cope. Also, where is this new tower in the second pic? Edited by Gazza

• 3 weeks later...

I actually relised its not a tower now, Cause when i seen it first, it had all Scaffolding around it and looked like it was going to be built upwards, I seen it today thunder001 so i pressumed wrong....its getting alone really fast the park, I can see all the markings for buildings ect....:)

The scaffolding is something that was brought in a few years ago under the Governments Workplace Health and Safety Act. It varies on the trade in question, but any work over 2.2 metres requires scaffolding be used, or a harness system is in place. Silly rule to the point that anyone standing on the second step of a 6ft fold out ladder is about 2.2m. Some times I think that all "polly's" should be made to work within an industry or a trade before they can make rules up about it. But back on topic, as Matt said, there are multipul building foundations poured in place and only a matter of time before we start to see vertical construction of either rides or buildings. And I would also recomend a drive by of Wet'n'Wild to anyone in the area.....I had no idea it was going to be THAT BIG!!