mattcrombie

Dreamworld water park Attractions

108 posts in this topic

Now I have some news about some slides and attractions that will be opening in the waterpark. There will be a wave pool about the same size as Wet N Wild. Water slides will be passing through the loop in Cyclone. Most of the rides are new to the Southern Hemisphere and never seen here before. Some are coming from a Japanese company.

Oooooh... where did you find this out?? Well, that does seem acurate, It looks like construction near the old Thunderbolt Station could be a Wave Pool, and there are footers around cyclones Helix, So what You have Said seems Quite Acurate. Only Time Will Tell.

Wow, that all sounds really exciting. I can't wait to see what Dreamworld does with the area. I hope that theme it well...fingers crossed. Is the possibility of intertwined slides with the cyclone perhaps a reason why it wasn't themed terribly well in the first place???

Edited by OzCoasterFreek

Sorry late reply. They arent building the wave pool where the Thunderbolt it, its going out the front very close to the service road. I can see the hole shaped like a pool and its a little smaller than the one at wet n wild from what i could see. The footers getting build around the helix will accomadate some slides that will wind around and in and out the loop and around Cyclone. There also building the foundation for the flow Rider at the moment.. Car park is better now and most of it is open but a little is still under construction... some pics dsc011463nv.th.jpg dsc011458jk.th.jpg dsc011442ei.th.jpg

Those pics are great! I can relly see it coming together now. I think Dreamworld is going to do a great job with the new waterpark but I still think that wetnwild will pull the crowds. I can't wait until December!! :)

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Those pics look ALOT like the ones on AAF... did you take them?
That usually happens when they're both photographing the same object. Can't you notice the difference in quality? There's no way they're the same.

Well as long as they're of better quality! After all, there's only so many spots you can take a photo from!

I would really love to see the new waterpark get something like this a new 'water coaster' that they are adding to the Six Flags New England waterpark.
Wow that looks pretty awesome... you never know :)

That slide looks excellent and would no doubt be the perfect style of attraction to challenge WnW. I really love all the colours in the bottom illustration. Here's hoping DW Waterpark goes down this path and presents their attractions this well

Well one thing I would love to see is a Proslide 6 or 8 lane Octopus Racer, its basically like super 8 but with a crazy stacked helix at the top. So for the first bit you cant see the other lanes and are going very fast. See http://www.proslide.com/sub.php?mainRideID=6&rideID=2 or http://www.sfgamworld.com/sfhh/waterslides.php

I'd be happy to see any of those rides! I must go to a Six Flags Park someday.... A new type of racer would be the best!