Dreamworld water park Attractions

mattcrombie

hi all, I guess most of you may know this already but the ride at the front of the park is definitely a tornado. Went past on the weekend the framework is up for the ride and its the distintive shape of a funnel lying on it side.. Why oh why are they putting a tornado in when WnW already has one.. They should be trying to outdo WnW not be the same.. At least if they are putting a tornado in, make it one of those new double funnel ones.. As to their claim of never before seen rides, I want either a toilet bowl slide or a watercoaster or both. In my opinion these seem to be the best new waterslide at the moment

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I think you will find DW/Whitewater World had planned their Tornado well before WnW's. I am fairly sure (although not 100%) that WnW heard about it and wanted to get in first. However, I'm still glad that DW has decided to add one as they are a great ride apparantley. I think DW's Tornado will be better than the one at WnW as it will be slightly longer and should also feature a couple of cool water curtains on entry and also just before the splashdown. While the Tornado at Whitewater World will no longer be a first for Australia, a few of the other attractions definitely will be

Why oh why are they putting a tornado in when WnW already has one.. They should be trying to outdo WnW not be the same..
Well WWW is also putting in a wave pool and raft slides, you could argue that they are copying WnW by doing that, why aren't you? As i have said a few times, nowdays a tornado is waterpark "must have", even if your competiton has one. Its a bit like how basically all major water parks have a wave pool, or a water playground with a tipping bucket, or 2 man raft slides, or a lazy river. A tornado is just another one of these standard attractions.

Nope WnW was first.. They announced the Tornado and the whole H20 zone back in Sept 17th last year, Dreamworld announced the waterpark only in November 18 last year.
WnW may have made the first public announcement but don't forget decisions about these sorts of things are usually made well before any announcements. Therefore the time of the press release does not really tell you anything in terms of who had the idea for a Tornado first