Wonka Merchandise

So I noticed Dreamworld now selling Willy Wonka merchandise. After Movie World did this with Wizard of Oz (sold merch and started getting the IP in place to “test the waters” I’m wondering if they could potentially have an idea in the background somewhere? I know it’s a WB IP. But still…

On 2/3/2024 at 5:29 PM, Callow said:

So I noticed Dreamworld now selling Willy Wonka merchandise. After Movie World did this with Wizard of Oz (sold merch and started getting the IP in place to “test the waters” I’m wondering if they could potentially have an idea in the background somewhere? I know it’s a WB IP. But still…

IMG_7269.thumb.jpeg.8af08eab7f6d482ef5e90b6153550622.jpeg

On 02/03/2024 at 5:29 PM, Callow said:

WB only own the IP film rights. A ride based on the books and not the films would be in the realm of possibilities. 

I'm guessing they were bought for the Arcade as game prizes, and were put up on sale in the shop to make some extra $$$. I've seen the same toys a few times in Claw Machines at cinemas and the like.