Luna Park Sydney

cadboy

There's so much they could do with Luna Park without giving the residents legal recourse to shut new rides down. Dark rides, indoor coasters, outdoor sub 100 foot coasters (GCI woodie, Eurofighter and so on - these can be made with a narrow footprint to fit the site). I honestly don't think there is there is any corporate will to invest in the site. Sure they won that court case but I think they had to win that to keep the existing operation going and there are no serious plans for significant expansion. Indiana Beach is a good example of the possibilities for a site like Luna Park - that was a fantastic place.

Yeah im sorry guys.. It was just my opinion of the place and it does sound ignorant. I just wish they did put a new attraction in such as one of the things mentioned above. The parks in QLD are adding attractions on a regular basis. Look at all the new things Movieworld, Seaworld, Wet n Wild and Dreamworld have put into their parks over the last 5 years. What has lunapark put in over the last 5 years? Nothing. Just more carnival rides as temp holiday attractions :[

Yeah looks good, nice and compact but element filled and action packed. Perfect for Luna Park, not to big not to small looks like it would have reasonable price tag to. Though I would watch out for capacity, it looks like a killer, 500pph maybe :P Something like this would give the park another leg to stand on and cease the decrease in popularity.

I thought of the idea of adding a small coaster like the S&S El Loco ( Steel Hawg at Indianna Beach) in an earlier post. It would be an IDEAL addition to LPS and would fit perfect on the old Big Dipper slab in between Tumblebug and the Big Top. One does wonder now that LPS has won its court case whether we will see some serious investment in rides. I for one could definitely see the El Loco coaster go in plus I would love to see a Zamperla Disk O coaster in Maloneys corner. They are long and a small footprint and an Australian first-perfect for LPS!! While we are at it, I reckon they could also build a Intamin copy of Wicked Twister and place it in the narrow corridor that runs between the cliff face and the Big Top. Enclose the majority of it in a mountain like structure with only either end sticking out and you would have a top notch attraction!! Imagine how much LPS would be improved by simply adding these 3 rides!!! Cheers, Jobe

There is alot they could do with the place and id love to see a permanent drop ride go in. The views at the top would be great plus the drop would be thrilling. The mega drop (temp drop ride) was great. All good ideas.. But what about the picnic area and dead end track at the back of the park? If they could clear that a rather large coaster could go in. Just sucks that the only free area that a large coaster could actually go in is ocupied by trains at a dead end stop.. =[ lunapark-newattractionarea.jpg