Sign in to follow this  
ScottG

Seaworld/Movieworld random shows

6 posts in this topic

We had a friend from Melbourne up on the weekend and visited WnW, SW and MW over the three days. Had a great time at all parks. Just a quick question though, at Sesame Street Beach all of a sudden they announced that Ernie and Elmo were going to come out and sing a song which they did outside the Big Bird theatre, it was fantastic, being that close the characters came up to all the kids in the front row and interacted with them, Ernie came up to my 3 year old and touched her eyes, ears and nose in the words of the song which made her day since Ernie is her favourite. At MW walking through the WWF area a cowboy gunfight show sprung up out of nowhere. The shows really added to our day, but I don't remember seeing them before, are they new, or have we just not been in the right place at the right time?

MW has had a few random shows that aren't advertised for a while now, but as far as I'm aware this is reasonably new for SW. FWIW I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who likes random shows that just come out of no where, really improves the atmosphere of the parks, and it's great that the parks are doing them.

I believe the gunfight in the Western area of Movie World is advertised in the showtimes that you get when you enter the park. It's called the 'Western Town Show Down'. As described in the showtimes - 'Western Town Show Down: This town ain't big enough for the Sheriff and Black Bart. When these two meet there's bound to be a brawl, a few gun shots, and maybe even a Saloon dance. Come join the fun but don't get too close.' I never got to see that show cause i was in an hour-long queue for the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. It sounds great though. As for the Sea World shows, the randomness makes it interesting.

There is also an Austin Powers 'mini-show' at 10:55 (changes every now and then to about 5 min each way of this time) and wonder woman show later in the day ,after the batman show I believe, at the bank. :)