White Christmas 2014

Just got back from White Christmas and my expectations were blown. It was the first time I have been to White Christmas and once again Movie World have done an incredible job. The amount of work that goes into the night is amazing. The beginning of the night when the elves and santa come down main street and turn on the snow, smoke machines and lights for a brief moment was really good. I then went on the rides and there were things I noticed:

- Tonight on the scooby-doo the strobe lights were not turned on.

- The sound was working on the green lantern in-ride speakers.

- The water wasn't running on Superman Escape

A part from Fright Night, I haven't been to the park when the Driving School and JL have been open.

- The Driving School was really good. It was a really popular attraction and the detail that went into it was great. Christmas lights and a tree have been added to the ride. And there were also a couple of spot lights spinning on the ceiling, which were moving around. The other car ride (forgotten the name) was still popular, but no where near as popular as DS.

- JL wasn't running for the first half of the night due to technical issues. When walking into the queue area, I thought the detailing was really good. The animatronic and the way the ride works, I also thought were really good. The smoke machines were working, and all animatronic were moving. The only thing that didn't work that I noticed should have the door that the Green Lantern opens. I thought the build up of the story line, but as what has been discussed before, I did think the final scene was a bit of a disappointment. After destroying the final villain and escaping the ship, I was expecting something else, but it just ended. Besides that I thought the ride was a great addition.

While lining up for Batwing the lights were turned on, so I only managed to see parts of them turn on. But if you did want to see this, it happens at around 7pm. After the rides, I went and found a spot on main street to watch the final parade. The pre-parade entertainment from the elves was really good. They provided good laughs and keep everyone happy. The parade was great. the effort that goes into the floats is great, and the effort that the actors, particularly the elves.

Overall I thought the night was fantastic. The atmosphere was great, the lighting was awesome and the actors were entertaining. The night just made you feel happy and get more into the Christmas spirit. If you have kids I'd highly recommend that you take them, if you haven't already. And if you aren't a huge fan of Christmas I still recommend that you go and just do the rides, because the queues for all the rides, except the ones in the kids area had queues no longer than 20 minutes. I'd rate the night a 9/10

Edited by themagician

The Roxy Theatre had the Ice Age: A mammoth Christmas 4D experience showing every 20 minutes between 5:40 and 7:30. Besides that show it was mainly character appearances, elves on Main Street providing entertainment, dancers and musicians. There was always someone or something to watch if you didn't want to go on the rides.

I went on Sunday night it was packed I managed to get 2 rides of Scooby, 5 rides of Superman as I was a single rider as they were calling a lot of single riders up, 1 ride of Green Lantern, 3 Rides of Batwing

(Off Topic Question here, Can someone here confirm what this room is? post-29384-0-74853900-1418775202_thumb.j I know it was where entrance for the old River Ride but what is it used for is the question I'm asking) Ninja :)

Edited by The_Ninja_59