Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

Clark Kirby appointed Village Roadshow Theme Parks CEO, Tim Fisher to head VRTP International

4 posts in this topic

Clark Kirby appointed Village Roadshow Theme Parks CEO, Tim Fisher to head VRTP International

Outgoing CEO Tim Fisher will head up VRTP International with a focus on expansion into the Asian market while Clark Kirby – son of Village Roadshow co-CEO Robert Kirby – will oversee the company's theme park operations that includes Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and a number of Wet'n'Wild water parks around the world.

Click here to continue reading

But what colour is the coaster?

It'll be interesting to see how this goes, and what the reality of it means.  You wouldn't expect him to be the most hands on with other corporate responsibilities but it also brings Village Roadshow cooperate closer to the parks.  I'll go with 'cautious optimism' here.

Mr Kirby senior had quite the notoriety for his cutthroat business decisions back in the day.  It was a time when his influence in the business made quite the impact for Shareholders and Stakeholders (in this case basically Senior Management) alike. 

Like Father, like son, Clark Kirby is a businessman. One that has not just inherited success from his Father but also the shrewd business acumen style.

I wish one day they would realise that the best People to lead their Parks are those who know their Parks. 

As CEO of the Aussie parks he will need to first of all get to know them. Spend his first week going 'under cover' and experience the Parks as a Guest. Second week spend time with departmental Managers and third week alongside the frontline. Host Major Employee functions and bring back "employee of the month" style events and work on developing relations with Staff at all levels. Show Staff the business cares about their futures. Promote a brightness of future for them within the company..

Argh hell what am I saying? Dreams are free so I guess we will have to wait and see..