°¤WõÑdÈ®lãÑd §ýDñÈÿ¤°

Flea

Imperial, yes, it is very rough at the front of the train on Demon. That backwards loop sorta ruins the ride as you 'crack your back'. However, to enjoy the coaster at its full potential.. Sit in cars 5, 6 or 7. These cars provide quite a smooth ride, for a vekoma boomerang that is. To enjoy the ride even more, raise your feet a bit and start wiggling them around, when they are hard to wiggle, you are experiencing extreme g-forces :) Real fun as it takes your mind off the rougness. ~Flea

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I last rode Demon in July last year. It clearly had recently had a wheel replacement, judging by the newness of the wheels. And in all honesty (having ridden every east coast coaster within the last year), it was the smoothest looper in Australia (I would say coaster, but nothing will ever track as nicely as Eureka Mountain at Dreamworld). There was no headbanging at all, no vibrating and no other annoyances. The ride is certainly capable of being smooth, and I can vouch for that. The ride did come from Expo 88. When they decided to close 'Space Park' (it was originally meant to be permanent, but abysmal attendance proved otherwise), the ride was then originally supposed to go to Luna Park in Melbourne, to replace the Big Dipper (this is how the Tourism Minister managed to get the permission to knock down a protected ride), but some complications left Luna Park with a Galaxi, and the ride went to Wonderland Sydney. You can see some of the white paint under the worn sections of track (look just outside of the station in the curve up to the boomerang).

I've found the best thing to do on any ride with the U shaped harness is to pull it in as hard as possible (the only exception so far is bounty's revenge) this way it is almost impossible for you to move your shoulders and back. Then whilst rideing turn your head the same way the ride goes and you'll have a smooth and pleasent ride :)

I have to agree with DJKostya with respect to the harness on the demon, just be careful when the ride op unlocks em coz they get stuck and you have to click em down to get out. I have also found that following the instructions that is putting head against the head rest can be very painful so i don't follow that rule - it's personal preference, plus i prefer the very last carriage for some reason i don't know - maybe DJKostya can help me..... 8)

Guest boycotta

hey the demon is the best rollercoaster in Australia other than the tower of terror and the cyclone which are all equally the same that i have ridden. yeah there are better rollerocasters in the world but why do yous have to put a lot of pressure on me. its my opinion and according to your post yous all have different opinions from me. i know there are ther better rollercoasters but i reallylove the demon because it is the best ride i have ridden.

Well, the best coaster in Australia is the undiscovered gem that is the Merimbula's Magic Mountain Toboggan. No ride has boiled up the adrenalin like this one did to me. You have not lived until you've tried this thing brakeless. And in a voice slightly more irritating than my normal voice, I'd have to ask you to keep the heat down in here... unless someone's got some particularly juicy comebacks.

Well, theres a tabboggan ride at Jamberoo recreation park that is quite exilirating when riding brakeless. There is a beginners and an advance track, what adds to the thrill is that deers tend to jump over the track a lot. So if your going 70 or so km/h, and a deer jumps over the track right infront of you, you get a great 'body chopper' effect ;) ~Flea

The back carriage is the best cause you can hear all the noises that the pull car makes and you also get whipped through the track cause the front pulls you around faster when it begins to drop over a loop. The best thing to do on the demon that me and my friends have found is when going backwards dont hold on and close your eyes. It's really trippy!!!!!

Guest boycotta

actually other than the demon yeas the TOT and the lethal weapon are both great rollerocasters in Australiacompared to the Demon. it/s that the Demon was the first roller coaster i have ever riden and i always loved it from there. i mean ive riden it so many times it still exciting i can't really remeber the TOT or the lethal weapon becaus ei have only riden it one or twice. im going to Queensland this Christmas so ill see which roller coaster is the best in Australia. thanks ciao

Went to wonderland yesterday with my mate Andrew. We had a great time. Snowy River Rampage was closed for refurbishment, so we decided to get a good view of whats going on by riding TBB. All the rafts have been placed next to the TBB structure, and the station (ride op box, walls etc) have been painted a creamish-white and green. No water was to be seen in the ride, nor in the creek next to the ride! ~Flea

Guest boycotta

thats a bit odd not have the water in the creek of the river rampage, however the water on the actuall ride is drained every day thats why goldrush opens late to refill the water at the start. i have noticed once the water wasnt t but the ride was opened and the water started rushing in the ride. i understand that wonderland is refurbishing all the rides but new rides need to be put in. come on Wonderland!

Wonderland is obviously in desparate need of a new ride. Attendance yesterday was very, very low.. there was not one ride that required a 2 minute wait. They were all walk ons. Yesterday was a beautiful day, and there was no real reason for why the GP did not come yesterday. It just shows that the local GP are getting extremely bored with Wonderland, as it is only attracting interstate/overseas visitors. On another note.. The staff at Wonderland are quite good. They are full of humour and enjoyment. My favourite staff member would have to be 'Daniel'. He likes communicating with guests, and he gets the job done very quickly. After riding TBB 5 times in a row whilst Daniel was operating the ride, he was dispatching the trains quite fast, even though there was only 1 train running at the time. On the subject of TBB.. My friend Andrew and I took a few rides on TBB when it first opened for the day at 11am, all at the front. And I must say.. wow, this was surprsingly a very smooth ride! The track looked shiny, maybe they put grease or something on it to make it more smoother? :P But as the day progressed, the ride once again proved brutal, especially in cars 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7. ~Flea

Guest boycotta

well apparently you are correct Flea the park has always been real empty. i went on a pupil free day on a monday and there were only the minimum of around 80-100 in the park there was no need to queue for any ride including the space probe, bush beast, and the Demon. now that is a complete shock. i practicly went on the space probe about 10 times continuesly without having to get off the ride. the park is desperate, but they do tend to get a lot of schools that attend the park for science or maths. on a good note tghe wildlife park is expanding around the old hanna babera land and ia and always has been really popular. this may not be good for wonderland as there is no new rides, however marvel enterprises may open a new themed are with rides and rollercoasters such as the incredible hulk and spiderman and maybe X-man. well catcha later ciao ragazzi

Vekoma Boomerangs are unimaginative and just plain bad as far as what you are after from a coaster experience
. I would have to agree on the standard boomerang however after just returning from a US coastering trip I have to say very little can compare to the first Drop on the Giant Inverted model at Magic Mountain. THATS A RIDE! After riding that and heading over to Knotts the boomerang was indeed nothing to even think about writing home about.

Guest boycotta

i hav got word that Wonderland may be building there ride project by Christmas this year. it all sounds exciting. if you notice there are roads behind the river rampage and a large area has been removed. i have heared that the baloon ride is now operating ttaking position of the sky hawk at the goldrush entrance. many rides are being repainted such as the bush beast entrance and the demon track MAY be repainted for a smoother ride. no word has confirmed that as of yet. the pirate ship is operating from refurbishment of a new paint job and the water cascades moujntain at the beach has closed since last year for construction on that and will reopen with all the other water rides just before my birthday on the 28th September. My thoughts is that Wonderland should build more water rides at the beach or make an obsticle water pool or even better a wave pool. what are your thoughts post them in!. ciao Ragazzi

Guest boycotta

repainting a ride does not reveal any of the steel used on the ride therefore without painting the demon the steel will rust causing it to be a rough ride, now painting it will make it not rust therefore it will be smooth. thats exactly what dreamworld did on the cyclone from the big dipper thats why the cyclone is a smooth ride!

Guest boycotta

na thats alright mate the cyclone was repainted as you should already know the cyclone was painted white supports and yellow track when it was at Luna Park Sydney named Big Dipper. so Dreamworld repainted the suports aqua and repainted the yellow with a brighter coat.

It is not really the paint that stops the rust, but the undercoating of rust protection that went onto the Cyclone before the outside paint. This was explained to me by the painters during the reconstruction of Cyclone. If you looked at Twistedrails websites at the time you would have seen my pictures almost every week. This showed the undercoating going on. However, you are sort of correct with the re-painting stopping the rust. The anti-rust coating is good only for a certain time once exposed to the weather. The oil/grease on the track also helps a little. the re-painting of the track is to help the anti-rust paint to last longer. At least this is how it was explained to me at the time of Cyclone's repainting. If you do still have pictures of the Cyclone's repainting, look for the grey paint on the track before the yellow went on.

Just a point: Cyclone's train is mechanically and structurally the same as the old style, the only thing different is the fibreglass shell. You'll also find that the paint doesn't affect roughness at all. You'll find that the new paint will usually be gone within weeks. If you want a smooth ride, new wheels and grease are the answer. They more than likely won't be bothering with anti-rust paint in an on-the-fly repainting like we're talking about here. This will be for aesthetical reasons, but even now, it certainly looks a lot nicer than Tower of Terror.