Feb Update

Ruddegar

Hmm.. it seems the Blacktown Ratepayers do. They would rather see their hard earned rates spent on something they themselves use, it seems.. and (at least some of) the elected aldermen seem to agree.. ZordMaker
Im sure the elected aldermen would encourage visitors to BOP.... visitors = $$$ which boosts the economy. If the aldermen prefered to spend money on something they (residents) would use then why didnt they construct the ampitheatre on the Rooty Hill?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure the elected aldermen would encourage visitors to BOP.... visitors = $$$ which boosts the economy. If the aldermen prefered to spend money on something they (residents) would use then why didnt they construct the ampitheatre on the Rooty Hill?
Project approved. Should start construction October this year. By the way.. the Bush Beast article is in the Blacktown City Sun, if any of you want to catch a copy. ZordMaker

Im sure the elected aldermen would encourage visitors to BOP.... visitors = $$$ which boosts the economy.
The old "Project boosts the economy" excuse is as tired as they come. Visitors to BOP are bussed in do their thing on site for about 6 hours (usually school or area competitions), and are then bussed straight back home befoire night falls. None of them ever visit anywhere else in the area let alone spend money there. BOP is miles from any commercial centre and even more remote now that the link between Eastern Rd and Phillip Parkway has been permanently severed. ZordMaker

Hello Zordmaker. Hi. I'm new here, and hope to be here for a very long time. I have been viewing the forums as a guest for a while now, and have seen all the fights, and i hope to be a contributing member. Without being a "Bad" Member. Now Zordmaker, some people here don't have access to a hard copy of "Blacktown City Sun", and is it possible if it can be scanned, or if there is an online version of it, if you could post a link. Albert

You idiot! The LG Twins were just there for 6 weeks and spent upwards of $250,000 at the venue and accommodation. Where did they stay? The Rooty Hill RSL! Where did they go for a spot of shopping in their spare time? Mt Druitt! Bussed out before nightfall? Baseball and softball is predominantly at night you fewwwwl! When is little athletics? Night! What is Zordy? A ********! You suckhole Fat Albert! Welcome though! I already said once we will return to topic but you wish to continue fighting a losing battle. I have no idea how you can say it is a white elephant! Blacktown Olympic Park is used more than your underpants are old son... Holy crap? What the frig is this below??? People enjoying Blacktown Olympic Park!!! At night!! Spent money to get in! Bugger me you moron....

He does that a lot Fat Albert. Skips over things he doesn't wish to answer... You say you don't want to get in any fights but you're already a smart arse old son. Are you completely blind Zordy or or you just illiterate? Did you miss this post on page 1 of the thread? How is it a white elephant you idiot?

1.  It's the home of both NSW Softball and Baseball including their offices.   2.  It's the home of the NSW Institute of Sport Baseball Program. 3.  The grounds are used just about every night of the week for either games or training.  Including the current home of the NSW Women's Baseball Team. 4.  It has been the pre-season home of a Korean Major League Baseball team for at least the last 4 years at a couple of hundred thousand dollars a go. 5.  The National mens baseball tournament has been held here the last 3 years and recently announced it will return for year number 4 next year. 6.  It recently hosted a friendship series between the Australian team vs this visiting Korean Major League team. (The LG Twins) 7.  The Penrith Panthers are basing a significant amount of their pre-season training up on the athletics field. 8.  Hosts many school athletics carnivals. 9.  The baseball function room is hired for a number of fund raising evenings, presentations and other dinners. 10.  Commencing at the end of this month, the NSW Baseball Final series will commence there. 11.  The NSW Women's final series commences one week later. 12.  In the coming weeks and months it will also host various school sports baseball and softball competitions. 13.  The NSW Police Games will be held there in March.  The venue being utilised for the softball, cycling, cross country and track and field events.  Don't go anywhere near it, you'll get locked up! Do you want me to go on?  Stop speaking ****.  FERKRISESAKE!  You're still avoiding the question I presented you with.  Twice now.
Further to that, the NSW Patriots just played a Chinese team in a friendly series last week. What about the Softball Australia Grand Prix being run in the last week of March featuring a number of our Olympians. BOP's baseball facilities have been utilised by four Korean Major League Teams since 2001 spending in excess of a couple of hundred big ones per go. It didn't cost them a cracker to build it either. It was acquired from SOCOG at the completion of the Olympic Games. It just wasn't finished, however they still ended up with a first class international complex that cost them a ****load less than it would have without the Games. It was going to happen without the Olympics anyway. Not a bad saving being built by someone else and then getting it for bugger all don't you think? Your call of a white elephant is a joke. Tell me what other council owned sporting ground in NSW runs at a profit other than one without the finanical backing of a Rugby League Club. Again it is used more than your underpants are anyway and it's a valuable asset of the Blacktown Council... Your biggest problem is you want them to turn it into a theme park. Don't forget to stay away from the Police Games. You'll end up being scheduled and shipped off to Bungaribee House!

You say you don't want to get in any fights but you're already a smart arse old son.
I hope that wasn't directed to me. And richard, you may want to change my name to something which is easier for Daniel here to remember. Let's call myself "Fat Albert".

Who ever said i had no sense of humor? Remember this

And richard, you may want to change my name to something which is easier for Daniel here to remember.
To me, that wasn't an insult. Just a laugh really. Albert

I'm still pissing myself, it was a classic of yours wasn't it :P Howcome people get so uptight about getting a nickname. Cease and desist calling Wonderbus2003 Bussy immediately! Don't be an uptight, thin-skinned bugger otherwise you'll end up like Zordy and Nightshifter and those other fools.

Haha for someone who doesn't want to argue with people - you aren't doing a very good job Fatty. Don't worry about what everyone calls you. Daniel can call me anything but I don't care? I mean, its only Daniel ;)

I hope that wasn't directed to me.
No, it wasn't. You weren't the one that said - I don't want to get into fights. It must have been some other fool.

OK - Albert - Daniel is like this. In your first post you mentioned you have read the forums as a guest for a while, you must know already what daniel is like. Secondly, one daniel missed - GrammAr, not grammer. Don't go pointing out everyone else's mistakes until you're perfect yourself... only Richard can do that. Thirdly, Dan, give the guy a break for a while... you've initiated him, let him get his wind back. Fourthly... Albert, if you take offence to being called Fat Albert, please say so in a serious and straight up manner. I am sure nobody wishes to cause offence, just a Nickname. We called Liam Flea, Daniel is Dan, Wonderbus2003 is Bussy, Nightshifter was Shifty, etc etc. Consider it a term of endearment. but if you're not comfortable with it im sure Daniel won't mind dropping it,... but bottom line - thick skin is sometimes needed here because numerous people have differing opinions and sometimes people are going to clash. Finally... LETS GET THIS BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.....

Hmm.. it seems the Blacktown Ratepayers do. They would rather see their hard earned rates spent on something they themselves use, it seems.. and (at least some of) the elected aldermen seem to agree..
Zordy you sound like you are from the Shire. They, like you, want there own little world where no one can enter without being a resident. And it's that kind of attitude that makes the rest of Sydney hate them. If I had your attitude I would say something like 'I want all the taxes I pay when I buy petrol used on the roads I use and I want exclusive access to those roads.'
BOP is miles from any commercial centre and even more remote now that the link between Eastern Rd and Phillip Parkway has been permanently severed.
Yeah Rooty Hill town centre is not one minute down the road and Mt Druitt five minutes are they? Head the other way and Doonside is just down the road. BOP is such a long way from anywhere. Have you been out to the shooting centre at Cecil Hills lately? Now that’s out of the way.
Your biggest problem is you want them to turn it into a theme park. Don't forget to stay away from the Police Games. You'll end up being scheduled and shipped off to Bungaribee House!
As long as he doesn't get sent to Pialla the further away from me the better. Bert you need to calm down who cares if someone calls you fat or moonface or whatever. Alex other names come to mind when I think of Shifty, Stevie and other like them but if I post them I am likely to get banned. "The Bus is now leaving for No Name Gnamma Hole, Western Australia"

I am not taking offence to anything here. It's almost like me and Dan are twins. And Yes alex, I already know what Dan is like. I know he was here, then self banned himself, came back as Galbraith, then came back as Dan, closed his account, and opened a new one. Really guys, i have nothing against you all. I know your all just a buch of kids which just want to play around. Fare Enough. Have a good one. Fat Albert

Secondly, one daniel missed - GrammAr, not grammer.
It wasn't missed old son. I was simply pointing out my spelling of you're. I didn't miss his other thousand errors. FATTY BOOM STICKS, take a bex and have a lie down old son. You keep insisting you don't want to get into any fights, however you continue to be a smart arse and keep taking the bait. SO GET KNOTTED! Perhaps you're trying to tango with the wrong people. I'm glad you're trying though.... it gives Steve and the other nitwits a break for a while... Carry on smart arse. If you take offence to anything I say... please, please speak up... It won't matter a **** but please do.

Ok this is getting WAY outof hand from what it's meant to be about. But i suppose Feb is Nearly Over, so whatelse can come outof it? Maybe we should start a March Update Thread. But this one is just going into so much spam, and off-topic FUN! So this to me isn't getting into another insult thread like alot of things on this site have turned into. I can tell you However I am no-where near the age of Steve and those other Dolts. And seriously am not who you think I am. I am here for to express my hobby in Theme Parks, and the general boarder around it. I am also here to keep upto date on all the latest happenings. Seening I live Far Far Away from a Decent Park. Most of all, I am here for FUN! So please, if you have something against me, let me know. Because I will endevour to try and Please you all.