TRON & Magic Kingdom - Walt Disney World November 2023

Gazza

Great pics and summary! Gives me major FOMO that I've never been to a Disney park. I suppose there's no "off-season" and it's busy year-round... If I'm in Florida, you bet USF/IOA, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are top-priority, but I think I'd have to bite the bullet and do the Disney thing too. If I were to set aside, say, two days, would you say Epcot and MK are the must-dos?

Also, what are the linear/lateral forces like on Tron? I imagine those LIMs aren't too intense, but in the POV it looks like it packs a bit of a punch.

For Disney and are a thrill seeker, probably EPCOT and Disney Hollywood Studios (Since you have Rise of the Resistance, TOT, Rock n Roller Coaster). Magic Kingdom is good if you like the classics. Animal Kingdom is nice but probably has the weakest attraction lineup (Which isn't saying much because all the parks are good)

I found on Tron it definitely pulls some strong positive Gs, since a lot of it is large dipping turns on the indoor part. The launch is pretty reasonable too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

If I were to set aside, say, two days, would you say Epcot and MK are the must-dos?

If you've gone so far to go to Orlando my recommendation would be to at least try to get to all the parks even if only for a little while. If you plan it well you can do a majority of the attractions and night time spectaculars across WDW over three days. 

Disney and Universal just do things differently and it's something worth experiencing at least once. 

• Like 1

I agree with Guest, you've travelled about 20 hours to get there, might as well make the most of it.

We had 14 days in Orlando in 2022.

1 day for each Disney Park. Even with G+ and Lightening Lanes our days in Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom felt rushed and we didn't really have a chance to absorb the atmosphere. Missed the opening of Guardians by a week :( so maybe that will make Epcot a busier day too?

5 shorter days in USO/IoA due to a ticket promo they had at the time. Could probably have made it work with 1 day each park I think, maybe 2 for IoA due to the long lines for Hagrid's.

1 day at Busch Gardens. We hired a car and drove down to Tampa, the bus times were a bit late to leave and a bit early to return for us. No quick queue, didn't ride every thing; ops were slow and I wasn't feeling well (turns out I was +ve for COVID at the time). Next time I would consider buying quick queue.

1 day at SeaWorld. No quick queue, didn't feel rushed but ops were slow.

If you're heading over that way the Kennedy Space Center was a day well spent. For us it was the day before coming home, but it would make for a bit of a lazy day if you need one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, New display name said:

@CR4ZEare you can handle the long queues at Disney

In short, yes. Disney queue line theming is best-in-class, so at the very least you're thankful to be not standing out in the sun surrounded by topiary and shrubbery and walking up to at a shed. Although, I'd probably have to fork out on line skips if I was on limited time.

9 hours ago, New display name said:

I once queued from 11:45 pm to 5am to ride a previous version of the star wars ride and the ride ended up sucking big time.

Sue Bob Iger.

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

For Disney and are a thrill seeker

Granted though, this is a bit of an oxymoron. I would leave my enthusiast mindset at the front gate and just enjoy the experience for what it is. Honestly and FWIW, Sky Voyager was one of the highlights of my Dreamworld trip last week. An amazing day can be had of experiences like that, especially if they're on that Disney level. Still would be pumped for Tron, Rock'n'Roller etc.

6 hours ago, Guest 239 said:

If you've gone so far to go to Orlando my recommendation would be to at least try to get to all the parks even if only for a little while. If you plan it well you can do a majority of the attractions and night time spectaculars across WDW over three days. 

Would depend on how good the value is in a package deal. It probably is but I haven't looked into it. I wouldn't see myself losing sleep over missing Animal Kingdom or the water parks tbh.

@franky that's a shame about your Busch experience. How was Iron Gwazi? It'd be really interesting to pit it against Zadra, particularly with their respective wave turns and inversions.

48 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

@franky that's a shame about your Busch experience. How was Iron Gwazi? It'd be really interesting to pit it against Zadra, particularly with their respective wave turns and inversions.

Iron Gwazi was the first RMC I'd ridden so I really have nothing to compare it to tbh. The restraints uncomfortable for me so this took away a lot of the experience I think, better than the comfort collars on Ice Breaker/Tigris though. Ops were slow and I remember the grouper being cranky because noone wanted to ride in a middle seat :D

The coaster was fun and intense (a little overhyped for me though, however I was probably a little coastered out by the time I rode, and unwell). Overall I prefered Velocicoaster, after considering the theming/restraints being comfortable etc.

Very interesting. Zadra uses the same restraint system, which I found very comfortable except for some bumping against the shin guards. The lap bar gave considerable upper torso freedom and loads of room for air time, despite my being slightly stapled in on each of my three rides. As for ops, Energylandia across the board has some of the most efficient I've ever seen and Zadra was no different. They cycled us quick. The boarding platform uses a turnstile system which allows a predetermined number of riders through each gate, which was easy to understand and kept the lines moving. The ride experience itself lived up to the hype; every element simply slapped and the pacing never let up for a moment. Best coaster I've done.

So, in a nutshell, our experiences were markedly different.