Halloween at Warner Bros. Movie World

Adam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was there last night and I have to admit, it was pretty awesome! Despite all the comments suggesting queue times would be massive, it wasn't nearly as bad as I would have expected. Superman was about a 30 minute wait at most. Batman about a 10 for most of the night. Scooby Doo was the worst with a 1 hour wait (which was more like 45 minutes) for most of the night, but the park did end up opening Wild Wild West and it was about a 15 minute wait. All in all, I got to do Scooby Doo, Batman and Wild Wild West once, and Superman twice. Which for $15, I think was great value for money. Plus it was worth it alone for just the atmosphere that went into the park. Seeing the main fountain gushing with smoke was great ;) I'd easily pay $20-$30 next year. But the rides were only part of the fun. Movieworld went all out with theming and the park looked incredible! It was bizarre walking around and having lots of street performers out and about, and even stranger sometimes not knowing who was a street performer and who was a visitor to the park since some of the costumes were incredible! I think alot of people underestimated Movieworld's ability to do something beyond the norm, and they went all out! If this is the amount of detail they did for something that I don't think was intended to be nearly as successful as it was, I can't wait to see next year with even more effort put in! Mickey C

One of my friends took pictures, I'll see if I can get a hold of them and post them soon. Some of the highlights in the decorations were the smoke machines (including smoke coming out of the Main Street Fountain), lots of bats and creepy lighting, and they had the Giant Screen with a red Movie World logo where the logo kept changing to form a Jack-O-Lantern. That was really cool. They also handed out double sided editions of the "Daily Planet" with show times and various details. The Haunt Zone wasn't too frightening, but given it was a first time effort, I think it's only going to improve. Some of the characters out and about included Halloween costumed Looney Tunes characters, Edward Scissorhands, Catwoman and Joker, The Scooby Doo gang, plenty of creepy Zombies (one even followed the girl on Superman trying to tell everyone to take everything out of pockets giving Zombie like examples of what she was saying), and Beetlejuice and the Gravekeeper measuring small children for coffin sizes :) But even non employees who were dressed up were being asked for photos. One guy was Willy Wonka and I saw him get asked a couple of times for photos. I wish tonight wasn't sold out, cos if it weren't, I'd be going back...and a few of my friends said the same thing. Mickey C

The "Fright Zone" actually (I got it wrong last time). It was just a darkened section of Chinatown where there were street performers scaring people. The end part had a net around it so you had to walk through a narrow section where people would jump out. And yes, Lethal Weapon was open. I didn't go on it. I can't stand the ride. If I wanted a headache I'd bash my head up against a wall several times over before going anywhere near that thing. Sorry...its been the cause of a few too many headaches for me so now all thoughts of it bring pain. Mickey C

Man, I had a freakin' awesome time. I went on the second night with a group of friends. The rides are so much more atmospheric at night - especially Wild West. Scooby's queue was pretty intense - but a good night was had by all. Lethal Weapon was great as usual. First time on Superman Escape... at night! Was awesome. Way to go Movie World! Bring on '07. Hopefully it'll be opened longer next time so we can fit all the rides in! (But we completed the night with pizza and watching The Goonies - can't complain. :D) The park looked awesome, btw. Really atmospheric.

Edited by D.C.

The "Fright Zone" actually (I got it wrong last time). It was just a darkened section of Chinatown where there were street performers scaring people. The end part had a net around it so you had to walk through a narrow section where people would jump out. And yes, Lethal Weapon was open. I didn't go on it. I can't stand the ride. If I wanted a headache I'd bash my head up against a wall several times over before going anywhere near that thing. Sorry...its been the cause of a few too many headaches for me so now all thoughts of it bring pain. Mickey C
That's what Panadol is for. EDIT : I got a headache the 1st time i went on it. Now all i do is pres my heard firmly against the back. I've never had a headache since. I've been riding LW since 99 Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Haha. Thanks for the tip :) I've ridden it quite a bit myself, and I don't always get a headache, but to tell you the truth, I don't like the ride enough to warrant the risk. I'm not a big fan of lots of spinning. I'll take Superman Escape any day over Lethal Weapon. Plus, my rule of thumb is, if a ride causes me to need to take panadol, it's not fun. I think I'll stick with Superman, Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo for my Movie World rides ;) Thanks though Mickey C

About the keeping your head back, I was experimenting with different body positions and that when I went on it, and I actually found that the ride is smoother with correct posture and sitting correctly in the seat.. BUT!... keep your head forward as your head does not bang on restraints. Anyway, the night sounded really good, very envious of you lot. Would love to seem some pictures

But even non employees who were dressed up were being asked for photos. One guy was Willy Wonka and I saw him get asked a couple of times for photos
funny you should mention the guy dressed up as willy wonka... he's my boyfriend, i was dressed as alice in wonderland, the night was awsome! aparently theres a site where they posted all of the professional photos, juice... or juiced or something. i am definately going back next year, if anything i hope they include some more scare attractions. Edited by LadyStardust

• 8 months later...

Looking at the Halloween event from 2006 i have a few questions for the forum. Will this become an annual event ? Will it be over several nights in 2007 ? How did people purchase tickets for this event in 2006 ? Does anyone have more information about it as i want to attend WBMW Halloween 2007 but need to know dates so i can book my holiday and flights to ensure i am there for the event. Cheers Brendan