Batwing Closure

bern1992

Hi everyone. I just went to Movieworld today and it seems Superman Escape is running as good as ever. Sorry, I went on it a couple of days ago as well and it really seemd quite slow and not as good as it was when I first went on it when it opened. Today, though it blew me away again. Anywho, it is operating with one train though so there is a little wait. Batwing is closed as the Moveiworld site suggests, and there are two or three of the seats rapped with "out of order" signs on them. This might just be a teething problem that they have been forced to take a closer look at. I'm not sure that they are able to change the ride experience due to the nature of the compressed air launch system or whatever. Fortunately for them there really isn't many people at the park this week as most of the locals are back at school.

Well i suppose that's what happens when you open ride before it's ready. EDIT : This is from the web site. Batwing Spaceshot is currently closed for commissioning maintenance from Monday 29 January until Monday 5 February 2007 inclusive. Please check back for further updates.

Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Okay I can't really go into detail and say what they are doing to the ride but I can tell you they are trying to get the work completed as soon as possible. There work being done is nothing related to 'opening the ride before it was ready,' just rather some adjustments that need to be made now that they have had the ride up and running for a decent period of time. There are a few things on our spaceshot that are new and haven't been tried before to do with the ride systems so there is some adjustments to be made.

Movie World sure are changing the dates a lot. Didn't it say that it would be closed for a minimum of two weeks? Oh well. I got to ride it on Tuesday :D I enjoyed it, although it actually broke down while we were in the line. The maintenance guys were working on it in the morning, so it wasn't opened with the other rides (at 10), and neither was Superman for some reason... Anyway, It worked as normal, shot them up and stuff, then as it came back down, it slowed to a snail-paced crawl, then landed and wouldn't release the harnesses. Some guy was giving the ride attendant a hard time because of all the maintenance going on around the park, and having to pay full price for a park that is "half-closed". Pfft :P As all the impatient people left the line, we got closer and closer to the entrance, and after about 10 test runs, the ride was reopened about 20 minutes after the malfunction. Speaking of malfunctions, the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster broke down while we were on it last Thursday. Not in the cool rollercoaster bit, but just outside the spinning skeleton guy with the weird fingers... We had to be sent out the fire escapes, which was pretty cool :P I got to touch the bloody skeletons in the cage! Sticky! Superman also didn't fill up with air enough (or something) and didn't launch earlier that day, but we weren't on it then :P