Big 6 Early Entry [Dreamworld]

Drewboy

i think the difference with them is that the cyclone is not a powered launch. the cyclone requires a certain amount of weight to make it around the corner to the chain and then the same weight to make the loops/corkscrews
Scooby isn't launched and it can complete the track and Lethal Weapon doesn't need dummies before it can test.

This begs the question, but if Cyclone breaks down during the day, and they need to send through a train a couple of times to test before reopening, does that mean they have to get dummies loaded in to do that? If so it must waste a lot of time.
i doubt it would was that much time, i mean the dummies are right beside the train. it couldnt take that much longer to winch the dummies across and lock the restraints compared to loading a full train -oh and cadboy, doesnt scooby have that slight boost exiting the station? (though i guess all coasters do) but scoobys must be enough to make the turns as the cars dont weigh much compared to a full length coaster train Edited by reanimated35

oh and cadboy, doesnt scooby have that slight boost exiting the station? (though i guess all coasters do) but scoobys must be enough to make the turns as the cars dont weigh much compared to a full length coaster train
Yes, but I was referring to the disco section where it runs without assistance.

I wonder if that has always been the case with the Cyclone... even back when it was the Big Dipper?
Can't be sure, but considering there's a plaque on the control panel saying "The ride MUST NOT be dispatched without 6 riders or equivalent water filled dummies" I daresay it's a condition attached to the ride, not just a silly rule like the wipeout/tower rider minimum.

i noticed there was a key hanging up in the cyclone control booth that had something like "winch back to station" written on it? either i read it wrong and it controls the winch for the dummies or the car has a motor to drive itself back if it gets stuck? also noticed the young chick running it was very good at making nooses :o:(

i noticed there was a key hanging up in the cyclone control booth that had something like "winch back to station" written on it? either i read it wrong and it controls the winch for the dummies or the car has a motor to drive itself back if it gets stuck? also noticed the young chick running it was very good at making nooses :o:(
Are you talking about that big red tag on the back wall of the booth that says "winch back in progress" and has a key attached? If so that's part of the closing procedure, the big sign acts as a danger tag for the control booth, to stop other operators/engineers touching the panel whilst the winch back is in process.

Are you talking about that big red tag on the back wall of the booth that says "winch back in progress" and has a key attached? If so that's part of the closing procedure, the big sign acts as a danger tag for the control booth, to stop other operators/engineers touching the panel whilst the winch back is in process.
yea thats the one. what exactly does it do?

Cyclone has had that rule in place for quite some time as far as I'm aware. I don't really think that the ride would actually Valley with less than 6 riders, as it does go through the loops rather fast still.
Yeah its been a rule for a fairly long time. And it still goes through the loops rather fast with people on-board. If you think about it, even 6 people at 70kg is 420kg. Take that weight off the train and thats a significant amount of push you're removing. So while it may make it back to the station without the people, the risk of it not doing so is increased rediculously. What happens if you add a little bit of wind into the mix? If you look at it, Cyclones loops arent exaclty positioned in a friendly place to get to to move the train back to the station. Best to avoid the situation really.

• 9 months later...