LW CLOSED

Randy23

I don't think all of both trains has been seen since. If they had two trains they would be running on the busiest days of the year, and they weren't so... The trains for all rides are worked on back at the maintenance shop which is located out the back of admin, closer to road runner than lethal. The buildings indicated earlier are all part of the studios.

Just rumours but have a look at this from Theme Park Photography: MW's Lethal Weapon Ride to be Closed.

I hear Lethal Weapon is apparently passed its use by date? Surely inverted coasters have a lifespan longer than 15years? Is this a lack of properly conducted maintenance? Cost cutting? Or purely unfounded rumour that the only decent inverted roller coaster in Australia is due to be removed this year.
wow i had heard rumors that something was going to happen with Lethal Weapon but just rumors. Anyway I think remove it and stay away from VEKOMA models full stop. There wheel alignment is too rough and is the reason i only ride this ride once a year. My ears dont need to be beat up everytime. B@M or Intaimin 4 seat inverted is the way to go way smoother, more fun and way more riders per hour.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did remove LW. I've ridden an SLC with the new Vekoma trains and restraints which was a big improvement - no ear bashing but it doesn't fix the inherent profile problems with the jerky Vekoma SLC transitions. I really don't think it would be worthwhile for MW to get new trains, it would like putting icing on a dog turd. Let's melt LW with blow torches and use the metal to build Intamin steel.
If it is closed what do you guys think should go in it's place? Another ear bashing Vekoma, a B&M, Intamin?

I was wondering how long until someone caught onto this or heard something, All im going to say is, Isn't it funny how Sea World and Wet'n'wild have said there getting new attractions this year (Sea Worlds being unannounced) And the fact Movie World is well due for a major new attraction and the fact that all they have mention this year is a white Christmas and a box of fairy lights to cover the park, What arn't you telling us WVTP???

I don't find the bashing that bad but hopefully if this is true the replacement would be a coaster & not a spin-and-spew.

And the fact Movie World is well due for a major new attraction and the fact that all they have mention this year is a white Christmas and a box of fairy lights to cover the park, What arn't you telling us WVTP???
That the replacement is a year-round Flying Carpet (eg, Ali Baba) themed to Santa's sleigh? ;) Edited by Gold Coaster

• 2 weeks later...