djrappa

Attention Disney Nerds

7 posts in this topic

I will admit to sitting staring at that thing for the past 45 mins (a tablet PC helps a lot!). What these sims (especially tower of terror) do is give you a great appreciate as to how much work behind the scenes goes into keeping one of these Disney E Tickets operating efficiently... Now of course there isn't one person controlling all of these elements, but there is one computer system. Obviously the goal is to get all those elevators dispatching full, and dispatching the second the block is clear. To achieve both at the same time requires very precise timing, especially when you want that car loaded at dispatch time but you don't want the guests sitting in there with the doors closed for more than a second. Add to this the need to keep guests flowing from the pre show rooms but not waiting too long in the boiler room, and there is a lot at work here. Much more than your typical park attraction of line up, get on, get off!

I think theres a who wants to be a millionaire one on there too - thats even harder to do perfect - but you can cut corners. If you haven't seen it clint, i think theres some aspects that would be right up your alley...