Fright Nights 2011

aussienetman

I went to Fright Nights last weekend as well, and have the following to offer I didn't do everything on thr one night as I will.be returning a couple of times so wanting to savour the experience etc. My Reviews Saw Maze This was disapointing. The scares were hit and miss, with those at the front of our line getting the big scares. Their were some genuine surprises and I saw a few groups literally running out of the attraction, so it seemed a bit hit and miss. Going from oyher reviews here it seems that its definitly great or poor. Unfortunatly, my experience was poor. 2/5 Zombie Apocolypse This maze was filled with actors and was terrifying. The actors in this mqze were doing an amazing job, climbing fences, reaching through the chain mail. It was great and I would do it again. Such a long maze as well and worth the wait. 5/5 Main Street atmosphere Once the rain hit main street became the place to be. The sexy burlesqur dancers were having photos takeb with people, but no staff member organising the queue line meant that 3-4 different queues were moulding into one. A simple staff member to organise the line would have been good. I will be going back tomorrow night to experience more of Fright Nights and am really looking forward to checking out Arkham and having one last ride on Lethal Weapon before its refurb. Nate

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm not sure on the details, but we were watching circus of the damned tonight, and saw a Queensland fire truck drive down the back access road, and then when we came out, scooby and the 3d maze were closed, with the exit shutters down. I'm thinking perhaps something triggered the fire alarm? I wonder if scoobys fire sensing eyes kicked in? Or maybe the roof lifted off? Lol. But seriously... Anyone know more?

Although Movie World advertise the ride closures as 9pm, they've been a bit lenient lately. For example, last night, Superman had 'technical difficulties' but after reopening they let the massive line outside the building in before closing it behind them. The line ended up at about an hour+ and it was 8:20ish already. They kept the ride running until everyone was through. Same happens with Batwing (which doesn't seem TOO popular later in the evening anyway) and Lethal Weapon.

At HHN in Hollywood, they close the Terror Tram line at 9pm (2 hours after opening) now on nights other than Fri and Sat. Apparently the noise annoys the Hollywood hills residents. It's a shame Movie World can't open at night other than Fright Nights, I'm assuming this is a nimby issue. I've found from my travels a lot of coasters are seriously good at night. Rode Xcelerator at night last month, holy moly it was cranking, and then it broke down for the rest of the night.