Sign in to follow this  
UpperCoomera

Water Park at Pimpama/Ormeau?

7 posts in this topic

Is the rumour true, that construction on the other side of the M1 from Dreamworld at the new Pimpama/Ormeau development, is including a water theme park?? All the residents that live near there are talking about it, but cant find anything on it. Anyone out there know?

I live at Pimpama and have my ears close to the walls with a lot of the developers in the area, and in planning and approvals with GCCC. I've never heard any mention of a water park at all. The only thing I think is you may be confused with the approved in principle application for a Wave Pool to be constructed in the Maddison Estate which is just beginning development on the Western side of the highway. The wave pool will serve as a learn-to-surf destination, as well as being able to provide world class waves for pro surfers. The project is partially backed & funded by Kelly Slaters' development company, which I believe currently has a few wave pools in the USA. Oh, and Robina Town Centre does not have a water play/water park area either. It has a lake with 4 inflatable balls in it that kids can go in and roll around (without getting wet)

I recall there being an outdoor play area at Westfield Helensvale, and something in my mind thinks that has a water play structure.

Brad2912, thanks for the reply. that could possibly be it. we all know what 'the grapevine' is like. rumours take a life of their own. In regards to Robina Town Centre...thats wat i meant by replying to reanimated35 in his suggestion above, it could just be an 'attraction' like Robina has and not an actual water park.. thanks for your replies! LOVE this website ;o)