Luna Park Sydney Opening Week Events!

Nightshifter

luna park sydney is not far approaching to opening date, and if you would like here is what is happening for the opening week, courtesy of lunaparksydney.com OPENING DAY! Hosted by Simon Burke Featuring Caroline O'Connor, Marina Prior, David Campbell, Todd McKenny, Sydney Dance Company, Iva Davies and Richard Tognetti with Emma-Jane Murphy and Taikoz, Tap Dogs with the Tap Puppies and Joel Turner, Paul Capsis and Aaron Ottignon, Phil Scott, Mary Schneider, Sydney Public Schools' Singers, Zooo, Mozes and The Flying Fruit Fly Circus. A galaxy of stars, a night you'll never forget. The Luna Park Opening Celebration Concert will be Sydney doing what it does so well: the grand theatrical gesture to celebrate an Australian icon ... and the return of much loved playground, Luna Park. Date: Friday 2 April Venue: Big Top at Luna Park Time: 8pm (including free rides from 6pm to 7.15pm) Ticket Price: $85 (incl GST. Booking Fee may Apply) All other shows including the shaolin monks performing at the taj mahal place room and other show including the fruit flying circus and other things. The opening concert to me is like no name bacnds ect. The park really will be opened on 4th April from every day!

Rich, I can't take this anymore, I'm terribly sorry. Shifty, WTF is this? You've got to be kidding. You are deadset cracking jokes. Mate, not very often I'm lost for words, however in your case...

luna park sydney is not far approaching to opening date
As for going, I personally don't think I'd pay 85 bucks to go to that opening. There is not a huge array of talent in that last as far as I'm concerned. Except for really Marina Prior, David Campbell, Todd McKenny and maybe the Tap Dogs. The others, I've never heard of. I probably wouldn't pay to see any of them normally. I reckon $85 could be a little steep. I know it's probably a historical night and all but geez... Who here would pay 85 bucks for what they're offering?

Well firstly I didnt see anything wrong with his opening line. Secondly the $85 cover charge is a fair bit, but if you are into performing arts it would be the ideal package. Not only are you there on opening night, but you get to see all these great artists doing their thing! Me personally, am not going. Its not my type of thing. I'l prob be goin later in the month though.. Screammachine

Yeah I agree that $85 is way too much otherwise I would definitely go. Am interested to check out the new 'Big Top' venue. Don't forget Luna Park needs everyones support this time round. They have had a lot of trouble already with the local residents and had to make a lot of concessions which could lead to financial troubles for them in the future. We all need to get to Luna Park at some point and support them as much as possible. At least it is owned by an Australian company with the best interests of the site at heart. Don't forget entry is free

You're just as bad as he is.  You're tarred with the same brush anyway. :P Willsy, is that meant to be GENEROUS or what? Sure, but people are not going to go to the opening night to specifically see these people I wouldn't think.
Yeah it is ment to be GENEROUS, i ****ed up there on the spelling. oh well where only human no one is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is only 1 way to get in for free, if anybody went to luna park on the last day before it closed for its rehab, people who rode the last few rides of the big dipper received a t-shirt saying i went on the last big dipper ride. Anyone who has this shirt will be able to go on the opening night for free. I think you have to consult someone for tickets but. My friend has a few free tickets but he isnt planning on going, but i saw the t-shirt its nothing special, but he rode the last few rides.

Nightshifter that's rubbish, I've worked at Luna for a long time (including the Dipper's last day on 27 Jan 01) and I can assure you that your friend is taking you on a bigger ride than the Dipper. We were flogging those shirts from our intended bulldoze in November 1999 through to the actual closure in January 2001. You are right on one point though- those shirts are bloody ordinary.