Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

9 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

Regarding maintenance and Doomsday, this sign has been added to the attraction. Just when I thought the bar couldn't get any lower, they decide to blame the guests for their terrible operations.

492709444_364714094_1679700202852227_5761393026506467750_n(1).thumb.jpg.10d1b0c311b931261289b71659b04ef2.jpg
Source Theme Park Social Network

I’m calling BS on this change being “guest feedback”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I’m calling BS on this change being “guest feedback”

The guest feedback they’ll be referring to is the fact the ride is never open. But the way they’ve worded definitely comes across as if they’re blaming guests for why the ride is like this 

• Like 1

Yes because it’s the guests fault that Village bought a lemon ride which had its other example shut after not even 10 years of operation which happened prior to them even buying it.

Liked that ride but unfortunately poorly designed and not even worth riding in its current state. Fingers crossed that lengthy maintenance cycle it’s got involves some blowtorch work.

Edited by Baconjack

4 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

That sign doesnt actually blame guests it just says guest feedback which could mean people dont like the inverted cycle the outrage isnt really warranted

I see your point However, the sign is also total bs and not the reason at all.

I'm just not happy with movie world operations at all its complete and utter lazy on their part. At least with Dreamworld they are putting in the effort to be a better Park. Movie World can't even fix a screen on the Wild West Falls it's been broken for 2 years. it's the small things which make a park from good to great. And this pr stunt is poor. This sign is pathetic there not kidding anyone. 

Edited by STRAWS

4 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

At least with Dreamworld they are putting in the effort to be a better Park.

Think all parks are doing that a similar amount right now, not just Dreamworld. Dreamworld’s just got more active/visible construction currently than what SW or MW do, with the retheme of Dreamworks & their swingchair ride. But they’re all trying to expand & improve their offerings about the same amount, or at least have seemed to be doing so for the last few years. 

Edited by Tricoart

15 hours ago, Naazon said:

If this truly is the case, they need a 'Gentle / Extreme' queue... but yeah this sign is poor.

It isn't the case. They can't run 'extreme' mode as the ride is not mechanically able to - this is why we've had all the downtime, and operating like this is what is supposed to relieve it

8 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Think all parks are doing that a similar amount right now, not just Dreamworld. Dreamworld’s just got more active/visible construction currently than what SW or MW do, with the retheme of Dreamworks & their swingchair ride. But they’re all trying to expand & improve their offerings about the same amount, or at least have seemed to be doing so for the last few years. 

It's not just raw development and construction - take away retheme and construction - and just look at the state of the parks. Dreamworld right now is a much more pleasant place to visit, IMO.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It’s not just raw development and construction - take away retheme and construction - and just look at the state of the parks. Dreamworld right now is a much more pleasant place to visit, IMO.

I think the park are definitely doing all they can to reduce the impact of all these works on the park too. It’s not ideal and definitely could impact the guests impression on the park (because they might see it as so much is closed), but when it’s all done the park should look the best it’s done in a very long time 

49 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Except i still constantly here on the tram etc from tourists that they dont want to go there because its unsafe

Gonna be a long road to shake that

Mt Druitt Waterworks long endured the rumors of razor blades in the slides and that was only an urban legend that also got said about Grundy's, Amazon's and most slide parks world wide. 

I don't think the Tram rhetoric is going to kill them - though it will obviously keep having an impact until there's enough reasons to overcome it (mostly financial i'm sure)

14 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

That sign doesnt actually blame guests it just says guest feedback which could mean people dont like the inverted cycle the outrage isnt really warranted

However the sign is also total bs and not the reason at all

What part of following guest feedback we have amended operations isn't blaming guest?  Blind Freddy knows what is going on here, the ride can't run at normal operations without breaking down, but MW is telling us it's because guest want it that way.  This is exactly the same blame game DW tried when DW said guest want shaded seating over a new attraction to replace the Wipeout.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

I’ve got this guys! They should just rip it down and replace it with  a S&S screaming swing  

Could tick the mandatory “Australia’s / southern hemispheres first” something 

Reliable as, packs a punch, huge throughout, only needs 2 staff, will fit and only had a height limit of 1.2m

This isn't really needed. Yes, it does tick some boxes, but I feel like it's too similar to the Claw and SX360 at Aussie world. 

Yes, it's a different ride will have different sort of g-forces but is it good enough to bring in numbers.  

To me this is my opinion the ride just looks like a dud for their lineup it doesn't even need to be a unique design, but they will want to offer something that's different enough to Dreamworld lineup but still be reliable enough which they ultimately failed with for Dooms Day. 

Edited by STRAWS

3 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

This isn't really needed. Yes, it does tick some boxes, but I feel like it's too similar to the Claw and SX360 at Aussie world. 

There’s only so much you can do with a thrilling flat ride, and if that’s what they still want to utilise the area for, a Screamin’ Swing is one of the better options that come to mind IMO. There is the matter of if it’d actually fit, though, ‘cause not only would the ride platform need to be larger, but it swings much further out than Doomsday does, which’d also need to be accounted for w/ the warehouses/buildings, paths, and (ideally) sightlines.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say, being in-park today the line-up is super-thin. But it's not just that; it's the overall perception of the park itself. My wife left the 4D movie with the kids after they were unable to show it due to technical difficulties. Her remark; "Does anything in this park work?".

As you look around you see broken stuff practically everywhere (not just the major attractions). In fact, about the only thing you see any real effort put into is the up charges which tends to piss you off more than anything.

The value in attending on a day like today just isn't there. I get that a park can have good days and bad days but... surely this is a by-design park management flaw now, rather than just an unlucky circumstance? 

Screenshot_20230906-110203.png

PXL_20230906_005646925.jpg

Yeah that hasn't really improved since the closure board I posted a few months back. 

Interesting this board says carousel is closed, but the app says its open too. 

As for GL and Superman, are these planned maintenance periods?

Scooby I understand, but there's never an excuse for them to PLAN to have three coasters down at the same time. Knowing full well scooby is down for so long they should have shuffled things around a bit to ensure only one of the other major coasters was out.

How long can you keep blaming 'covid supply chain' on things before that supply chain becomes normal, and you should just be planning for that sort of delay?