Sign in to follow this  
Bussy

Disney Resort in Sydney

9 posts in this topic

The Glebe Island White Bay proposal was talked about on this very forum a while back, i'm almost certain of it - few details were known, but the fact that they were thinking about it certainly was.

It is weird to see fairfax pulling the story out 5 years after it happened though...

^Maybe (and it's a big maybe) Disney would put an Aulani-type resort somewhere further north, but short of them buying Hamilton Island I seriously doubt it.

^Now THAT I could see happening.

The name escapes me right now, but wasn't there an island somewhere off the coast of queensland that had a failed resort, that recently got sold off?

Not sure that it's big enough - but Disney has been looking at Australia for ages and i'm sure they'd love to offer guests an 'australian' experience with a truly 'Disney' feel to it. We may not be big enough for a theme park just yet, but a resort is most definitely something they could do.

Good call Aaron.

The name escapes me right now, but wasn't there an island somewhere off the coast of queensland that had a failed resort, that recently got sold off?

Tipplers and Couran cove on South Stradbroke both went bankrupt a few years ago(or got very close to it). But Couran Cove was sold and has recently reopened. Probably not the places you were looking for though.

Edited by mba2012

If you mean the docks at White Bay (in the shadow of the ANZAC Bridge), I think you'll find it's going to be a cruise ship terminal. "The Bus is leaving for ANZAC Cove, Turkey"