Movie World Trip Report (feat. Seaworld)

Mort

Wild West falls does have a story.

You're traveling through a mine and you run into Bandits and they tell you to get out and make you go down the first drop backwards

You then go into another mine and there is an explosion so you escape down the large drop.

Wild West Falls has characters and dialogue therefore story.

WWF has a story??

What is it? Why are you travelling through a mine? in a boat?

Because you get into a boat, someone who sounds suspiciously like Kevin Rudd tells you to keep your arms inside the boat at all times meaning you are stuck and eventually it ends up in a mine with bandits and a town with Indians and dynamite and stuff.

someone who sounds suspiciously like Kevin Rudd

I'm never going to be able to "unhear" that now that you've mentioned it.

Mort, no, WWF doesn't have a story. It has very nice theming, but not a story.

My notion of a story on a ride is that there is a premise which drives the ride experience and gives purpose to it, and it generally runs from when you join the queue right to the exit.

Another way of thinking about it is if you can sum up the story line without merley recounting what happens on the ride. You say that we encounter bandits and they send us out backwards, but why were we encountering bandits in the first place?

WWF is very nicely themed, but a chance encounter with some bandits, among all the other things that happen in the ride doesn't make a story line alone. Maybe if there was a premise in the queue that you were sherrifs recruits on the hunt for those particular bandits, and you kept encountering those same bandits throughout the ride, and everything that happened was part of that overall narrative you'd be correct (Eg it might be in Dodge city that the shootout is between the good guys and the bandits, and the bit at the top of the drop might be where you corner the bandits and they get blown to smithereens)

Alas that it is not the case, the ride merely takes you on a bit of an adventure through various wild west related scenes.

Something like Justice Leauge on the other hand has a story that is as clear as day. As soon as you walk in you see news broadcasts that aliens are invading, the Justice league calls on you to help, you fight the aliens and assist the justice league witnessing scenes of devistation, culminating in taking down the big baddie at the end, and finally finishing off with you being thanked for your efforts.