Luna Park Sydney Trip Report!

AUSTHEMEPARKS

Luna Park Sydney is a decent place to spend a few hours and great view particularly on the Ferris Wheel and Hair Raiser. We spent the whole to use the unlimited rides pass as much as I could since I'm from Blacktown.

Thoughts on rides:

Rotor: Not doing this one again as it's a bit painful and I got quite dizzy after riding it.

Wild Mouse: It's pretty fun but really rough which you can expect on such an old ride.

Hair Raiser: Great new addition to LPS and it's quite forceful as the drop happens the moment you reach the top.

Tango Train: Still a fun ride that's struggling to stay in the park as it's always breaking down.

Tumble Bug: Decent relaxing ride that never has a line.

Coney Island (General)- Nice fun house, the slides are excellent and the Mirror Maze is a little gem within Coney Island.

Spider: On a really short cycle and it's not that great in my opinion.

Moon Ranger: Even though this ride is pretty painful, It's still and alright ride.

Pirate's Revenge- Nice summer ride with a surprising last drop and I got soaked on the ride twice!

Overall, It was a nice day at Luna Park Sydney.

Thanks for the report, I went to Luna Park Sydney twice last year, though to entertain visiting fiends. They could sure use a few more permanent attractions.

I have to admit I think it's awesome they preserved Coney Island, it's a hame a few cool things aren't working. Love the slides.

Hair Raiser has got a kick to it.

And I thought Luna Park Sydney was small until I went to Luna Park Melbourne on the weekend.

Thanks for the report, I went to Luna Park Sydney twice last year, though to entertain visiting fiends. They could sure use a few more permanent attractions.

I have to admit I think it's awesome they preserved Coney Island, it's a hame a few cool things aren't working. Love the slides.

Hair Raiser has got a kick to it.

And I thought Luna Park Sydney was small until I went to Luna Park Melbourne on the weekend.

I'm going to the Melbourne one on April. Is it any good? What are the best rides there?

Luna Park Melbourne is okay, never been there before. It's fairly easy to get to from the city on the tram. Light on for rides- Scenic Railway, kiddie coaster, Ghost Train, dodgems, and about 6-8 flats. The area is worth visiting overall. I recommend getting there early, the lines can build up quite quickly for the scenic railway and Ghost train as they are both very low capacity. Also the line for tickets was out of the park by the time I left. Though it seemed to be a large group of Africans having some sort of a day there. The all day wrist band is $48.95 which isn't worth it, I'd look for discounts and night deals on the web.

The Scenic Ralway is ok, a bit bouncy and jolty on the drops, the brakeman almost stopped the train before it hit the drops. It's a unique ride and worth doing. I'm 6'2" with long legs and I didn't have a problem with comfort or fitting in, I rode the front row and the second row on my two rides - so I don't know if other cars have problems.

The Ghost train is fun, but nothing special. The rest of the rides are fairly standard flats: pirate ship, spinny rides.

Metropolis has closed, unfortunately I passed on the opportunity to ride that a couple of years ago just before it closed. The place is so small, I'm amazed they fit another full sized woodie in the place.

Edited by downunder

Luna Park Melbourne is okay, never been there before. It's fairly easy to get to from the city on the tram. Light on for rides- Scenic Railway, kiddie coaster, Ghost Train, dodgems, and about 6-8 flats. The area is worth visiting overall. I recommend getting there early, the lines can build up quite quickly for the scenic railway and Ghost train as they are both very low capacity. Also the line for tickets was out of the park by the time I left. Though it seemed to be a large group of Africans having some sort of a day there. The all day wrist band is $48.95 which isn't worth it, I'd look for discounts and night deals on the web.

The Scenic Ralway is ok, a bit bouncy and jolty on the drops, the brakeman almost stopped the train before it hit the drops. It's a unique ride and worth doing. I'm 6'2" with long legs and I didn't have a problem with comfort or fitting in, I rode the front row and the second row on my two rides - so I don't know if other cars have problems.

The Ghost train is fun, but nothing special. The rest of the rides are fairly standard flats: pirate ship, spinny rides.

Metropolis has closed, unfortunately I passed on the opportunity to ride that a couple of years ago just before it closed. The place is so small, I'm amazed they fit another full sized woodie in the place.

Thanks and I'm definitely going there in April. I wish we had funfair type amusement park as big as Morey's Piers or Brean Leisure Park in UK