Planet Coaster

Reanimated35

Maybe, but it would likely be a pretty bad experience. 

It's pretty resource heavy. I haven't even got mine on the highest settings and I'm running a GTX980ti but I think they made some tweaks between Alpha and release to make it run better. I'll have to revisit my settings after launch. 

Sounds like you've got an excuse to buy a new laptop though :P

11 hours ago, Luke said:

This is probably a dumb question. The laptop I want to run Planet Coaster on does not meet the minimum graphics card requirements :( . Will I still be able to run the game on low settings?

Well, I guess the answer is how badly under spec'd your PC is. I'm running Planet Coaster perfectly fine on my iMac with Bootcamp. Spec wise it fits the bill what they say are the minimum supported specs, except it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card. The game has been running so well (albeit I dropped all the settings down, but even before I did it was running well enough). The worst part about it is our crap internet connection, but thats not the games fault or the computer. 

Ok just tested it on ultra everything. Had DOF turned off as a personal preference. 

Got an average of 80-100fps in an empty park testing 1 coaster.

Average of 65 fps in an empty park with 3 coasters testing at the same time and the day/night cycle transitioning. 

Average of 40-80fps in a full park with a bunch of rides going. 

^ Tests were done in first person on ride view. 

Capture.JPG

^ There's only 1 graphics card, it's just how it reports it for some reason. 

This is easier to read, but doesn't report the card correctly as 6gb.  

Capture.JPG

25 minutes ago, bladex said:

i'd turn DOF too i hate it.

i should be good than those specs are almost identical to mine except i only have 16gb ram oh plus i'm running at 2k on asus g-sync monitor.

Yeah I could probably get higher FPS from this, but I don't want to go back to less than 3 monitors now. I should note that I was running in a borderless window too with other stuff running in the background on the other monitors. 

When beta came out, a LOT of laptop and PC players who had onboard graphics couldn't play the game, or had a lot of game textures black instead of the texture. Frontier said they weren't planning on doing anything to help those who have massively below minimum requirements, to their ire. They had somehow been able to play the Alpha.

So @Luke, get the game.  Then download established parks from the master builders using the in-game steam workshop. If your lappy can't run the game on those maps within 2 hours of gameplay, you should be ok for a refund.

____________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, Frontier are having a 4 hour launch party in London, to be streamed live on their YouTube channel from 5am Qld time, 6am NSW/VIC time ("7pm GMT Thursday") tomorrow morning (Friday for us)! Staff, featured players, giveaways..