Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

21 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Huh! They didn't send one to me! Asses! 

How does it work??

I used it last weekend to get my sister, her boyfriend and a friend in (using mine and my kids' passes - one friend per pass) .

You click on the link on the link provided in the bring a friend email, it takes you to the website where you fill out your pass details and it emails you a PDF of the ticket (barcode) for your friend to use at the entry gate. 

I also got the 'bring a friend' email for this weekend too, however I'm not going again till next week lol. 

38 minutes ago, westical said:

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Any chance you can private message me the link to the website, not sure why I didn't get the email given I have an unlimited membership and tickets to this weekend 

Wow tonight was so much better. Last week i was extremely disappointed (i think in my mind i had set the bar unrealistically high from the pat 2 years) but tonight, just wow. There was a lot more roving entertainment, less busy (still crowded but was bearable) and overall better management. Only thing I can complain about is traffic control at the end of the night. oh and the Looping of Fireball over and over at the end of the parade. Little things that can be fixed easily. Dami was amazing, can't wait for Samantha Jade. Will defiantly be back next week :D 

1 hour ago, lifeofsamage said:

Only thing I can complain about is traffic control at the end of the night.

Haha, it was worse when they had no traffic control! Nowadays I always park up the back outside the car park, so I don't even have to worry about dealing with that side of things. If the grassed area is roped off, I park next to the exit road. Generally I am outta there in a couple of minutes, once someone is kind enough to let me merge in ?

And yeah, we are very keen for Samantha Jade next week, too. Her music is a lot more pop/dance than the previous two (which I prefer) so she should go off with a bang when she performs live ???

ETA: this is one of my fave songs of hers, look forward to hearing it live, should get the crowd jumping lol ☺☺☺

I don't know what they where thinking. They had the exit blocked off at the lights going towards the southbound entrance but u had to merge into one lane to turn at the lights. Yet no body was using the "main" exit (toward hungry jacks and northbound entrance. Took us about half hour longer than it should of. 

Was an awesome night! 

Much improved on last year imo..

left bang on 9pm and was out of the carpark within 8mins. Think traffic controllers were doing really well!

didnt watch Dami, used the time to hit rides.

great to get a ride of GL at night, hasn't managed that previously. Still no sound (0 from 19)

Last night was my first experience with Carnivale so I wasn't too sure what to expect. 

Side note to clear something up straight away - I did not try any of the food. Last night was purely to take photos. Next weekend I'll be trying the food and getting a few shots I may have missed. I also missed the opening act as we were running late. 

So onto a quick review.

Negatives:

1 - Just after 6pm there was some music playing and the speakers were so heavily distorted it was painful to listen to. They seemed to fix that throughout the night so I assume the audio guys picked up on that too. 

2 - This one I really hope you guys on here who work for the park can pass on as feedback. The queue for scooby needs better management at the start of the night. The overflow switchback queue wasn't being used soon enough IMO. Now, while it's not the park's fault, people are idiots. Instead of lining up to keep the path clear, they simply formed a straight line and blocked the whole path. There's nothing passed scooby to do given the floats are parked there but there's nothing to signify that til you push past the crowd. (red line in pic is fence - yellow line is where people queued).

Capture.JPG

Positives:

Basically everything else. The entertainment was great, there was enough room to get around the main street even with the food vans everywhere. The performers didn't just crowd around the big screen either like they have seemed to at earlier Fright Nights. It was good to see some performers down around the fountain. 

I'm slightly concerned to learn that the circus performers wont be back next week (the ones who did the show just before the parade). I'm hoping MW gets someone in to fill that slot, whether it be getting them back or getting someone else in instead, but otherwise that's going to be a lot of boring standing around waiting for the parade with nothing to keep you entertained. 

Again, I can't comment on the food, that will be next week. 

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Must have walked past them 2 or 3 times throughout the night. Once right on opening out the front of Roxy, another time on the walkway down towards WB Kids. It's was more impromptu performing though 

Interesting. I'm not trying to argue with you, but one of them told me they only did the parade and that performance and last night was the only night they were there.