New share price lows as Village Roadshow blames poor theme park performance on Commonwealth Games and wet weather

Parkz News

7 hours ago, Theosie said:

Better options at Dirty Harry's (plain rice rather than stuff cooked in broth and a vegie option for the burrito) or a salad bar with a few more fruit and veg options (or even just plain bread rolls without cheese) would make things easier.

I understand the problems you're having @Theosie "but" yes I have a but. 

You can't expect MW to cater for every dietary requirement that a person may or may not have.  That’s why MW say if you have a dietary requirement you can bring your own food.

Sit back and enjoy skeet’s example time:  My daughter is allergic to peanuts.  To the point if somebody who’s handled peanuts hours before they rode Road Runner Roller Coaster and my daughter rode afterwards, it would end up with me administrating her with an EpiPen injection and a ride in the back of an ambulance.  What does MW do to protect my child and themselves from my child having a reaction from entering the park.  They tell me if my child has allergies to bring my own food because MW can’t guarantee to me that somewhere along the line the food hasn’t come into contact with peanuts.

For MW to cater for daughter’s dietary requirement MW would have to remove all other food from the park.  “All other food, Skeeta gone mad again” probably but the next time you go to the shop read the allergy label on the product and 90% of products say may contain peanuts or may have come in contact with peanuts.  88% of the time there is no chance that product would contain traces of peanuts, but they say it to protect themselves.

I’m sorry the plain bread roll can’t be on the menu.:)  My daughter can’t eat a bread roll made from a bakery because bakeries handle peanuts in some of their products can cross contaminant the bread roll.

There is so many different dietary requirements that MW could never cater for everyone. 

• Like 2

I think the issue was not so much they dont cater to everyone, but that the information was completely lacking, with nobody being able to produce it. 

Goes to show what i suspected before, lots of the food options are prepackaged or preprepared by outside suppliers and they are basically just food handlers. It has been proven time and time again that this method costs more than making it yourself. It just doesnt look as pretty on your labour budget, cant keep stripping food and bev services from the park if they have to prepare and make food instead of having to reheat it or put it on a plate/in a bag.

Edited by Levithian