Brendo88

Arkham Asylum Braking system

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls,

was at movie world today and while waiting to get on Arkham there was a distinct smell of burning metal. Basically like that “angle grinder” burning brakes type smell. 

At the end of my ride as the train came to it’s braking run I could also smell it even stronger. 

Has as there been any recent changes to the ride? I don’t remember ever noticing that before? 

I suspect that smell was coming from work going on in the area. Possibly the Maintenance bay but I wouldn't be concerned.

I rode AA yesterday and since the recent work carried out, I thought it was the smoothest it has ever been. And I have been riding that thing even before it opened.

Rode it today, the ride was running really smooth. I did notice though coming around the corner after the first brake run it did go quite fast compared to normal so maybe the brakes stopping it there were causing it? I did also notice in the heartline loop a lot of what appeared to be rust coloured track. However that's probably from the recent work so maybe that could even be contributing to it. The smell was certainly coming from the back end of the train though (around row 7 onwards)

Yeah I seemed to notice it the most when the train pulled into the station. It dissipated pretty quickly and I didn’t notice it again until the end of the ride where I could smell it strongly again