Photos

PattieBoi

ahh good to see some of those flats in their original positions in old HB. Judy's Jetliners i think was similar to captain caveman's clippers (galleons). See how many we can remember from wonderland AND their original names... im not going to count the beach.. Bush Beast, Snowy River Rampage, Ampol's Antique Autos, SkyRider, Ned Kelly's Getaway, Funnel Web Spider, HMS Endeavour, Tasmanian Devil, Dragons Flight, Bounty's Revenge, Jousting Ring, Wizard's Fury, The Demon, Space Probe 7, The Zodiac, Captain Caveman's Clippers, Dick Dastardly's Flying Circus, Fred Flintstone's Splashdown, Boo-Boo's Balloon Race, Scooby Doo's Silly Stix, Beastie, Bam-Bam's Ball Bash, Judy's Jetliners. There were also rides named for - Pebbles Flintstone, Dino Flintstone, Jabberjaw and a few others im sure, that i can't remember. I can't place a name for the Carousel, and what was later called baby-bumpers. Can anyone help with the rest? and if you're not sure what they were, any i've named i know, so you just have to ask... ok long one... im shuttin up now. >>>Edit>>> and also the paddleboats that i can't remember either...

SSS was a kids play area like Forest Rampage in Nick C. It was a smaller version though and had slides and nets to play on. Overall an activity centre for those kids which were just to small. They ended up closing that and replacing it with gardens. Does anyone know why the shut it? If t here was an accident, does anyone know what happend specifically?

i think SDSS was a number of factors. the nets were getting old and needed constant maintenance, it was loosing popularity because they weren't packing HB like they were in the late 80's and early 90's. and after over 15 years of sliding i think the slides would have been getting a bit worn... i think there were a couple of minor injuries, i dont think anything too major, but apart from bam-bam's ball bash and the paddleboats, an operator could intervene in case of emergency. with those three rides, it was not possible for an operator to just e-stop and offer assistance... so i suppose it was probably a liability concern.

I believe the main reason for closing Scobby's Silly Stix was simply cost. Sunway decided that it was not necessary to maintain the attraction and pay staff wages. It was all part of the famous Sunway cut backs. I may be wrong but judging by an old brochure I think Baby Bumpers used to be called Dino's Derby and had little Flinstone's themed cars. I think they replaced these stoneage cars with the more generic and badly moulded cars when it was moved to Botany Bay and renamed Baby Bumpers

I believe the main reason for closing Scooby's Silly Stix was simply cost. Sunway decided that it was not necessary to maintain the attraction and pay staff wages. It was all part of the famous Sunway cut backs. I may be wrong but judging by an old brochure I think Baby Bumpers used to be called Dino's Derby and had little Flinstone's themed cars. I think they replaced these stoneage cars with the more generic and badly moulded cars when it was moved to Botany Bay and renamed Baby Bumpers

Actually i don't even think they did that. I remember the ride when it was in HBL, and it was all Flinstoney and with the special way things were menat to be carved out of the rock, it looked very flinstoney. I think all they did when they moved it was give in a new coast of paint, as the cars were almost Flinstoney with the rock carvings acept different colors.

The Merry-Go-Round was called Huckley Berry Hounds Merry-Go-Round, try saying that over and over and over and over again. Baby Bumpers was called Dino's Derby when it was up in HB. When they moved it down to Botany Bay the 'cars' were re-painted to red, green and blue. The reason Silly Sticks closed is because of cost, maintenance and personnel. It required minimum of 2 people per side (it had two), but optimally operated with 3 per side. That means that for it to be running at capacity it needed 6 staff, not exactly cost effective was it. "The Bus is now leaving for Dinoun, Queensland"