• Sit down coaster
    • Suspended coaster
    • Flying coaster
    • Bobsled coaster
    • Wild Mouse coaster
    • Thrill Ride
    • New waterslide
    • Simulator

There are some very interesting & cool ideas brought up here. Going with what Richard said, don't expect a Rollercoaster design that wraps around pedestrian areas of the park. For one, Public Liability won't allow it. Picture this; your strolling down the park when suddenly an overhead B&M coaster whips above you and with it, someone's camera fly's out of nowhere and scones you on the back of the head, knocking you out & forcing you to sue for damages!! I really like the scenic tower idea - perhaps a tower like the one found in Vegas that serves multiple attractions?? As for the height restrictions, I wouldn't buy into that one - remember it wasn't so long ago that the Gold Coast City Council almost approved construction of a gigantic "Bronzed Aussie" lifesaver statue about the size of the statue of Liberty for the Broadwater?? Thank god that one never happened!! By the way, the Corkscrew is more than 3 stories - I believe the highest point is just under 90 feet

Who knows, maybe if they're thinking that big steel columns everywhere in the park will look good, they'll also be OK with nets everywhere.
Well, they dont seem to care about unpainted monorail pylons throughout the park so Supports wouldnt really bother them. An Idea could be a launch from a station near corkscrew, it would run parallel to the monorail, before entering a vertical loop and a nice wide turn around over the carpark (this would be ok, just see this pic:http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery141....htm?Picture=35 ) There would be a bit of an up and down around the turn so it isnt so dull, then a couple of barrel rolls and a sharp drop would lead into a second launch (enclosed to keep things quiet and special FX to fit with the rides theme) then the track would enter an immelan that would be fitted so the exit from it would be between shark bay and the waterpark. Then it would go along between dolphin cove and bermuda, with a zero g roll thrown in, then there would be a corkcrew and a twist and turn or two to get the ride to the brakes and the station. If you were being extra safety concious, you could put nets in where you needed them in the park, but you could theme them as fishing/cargo nets with junk in them and fishing paraphanialia hung off them artfully.

to take Richard's point on "RCT style thinking" - what would be the ramifications of SW taking a coaster out over the lake inlet on the western side of the park? i mean right out over the fence? They have the jet ski hire at Nara and at the park, so they have rights to utilise the inlet for recreation, how hard would it be to get permission to whack a few supports out and over, say 10 15 metres out from the shoreline? Run the body of the coaster in over the jet ski hire and the little swamp area that they were storing a shark in until about a year ago, bring it over the stunt show lake and have launch area etc on the eastern side of the lake? and before anyone says a jetskiier would hit it the pylons in the inlet... it would obviously be well indicated protected. just curious...

The following attractions will be closed today for construction of an all new thrill ride: Bermuda Triangle, Viking's Revenge, Planet SOS, Skyway Chairlift. Don't forget to check out Reef Discovery, still Australia's favourite lifeless educational reef experience!
Geez, do you think Reef Discovery will still be going when we eventually get a new ride? Do you think it'll still be there when we get a new anything? Get with the program sir. Also isn't blackpool open year round? ;) Building a coaster over the western side of the park. Hmm, interesting idea, but I can't see it working. I'm guessing what your talking about is a launch from the Eastern side of the ski lake, then crosses that and goes towards the over near the helipads, does its stuff there and coming back? I think really there's more chance of dredging the area and putting in something on solid ground rather then putting in a coaster in like that. Still, keep thinking, and I promise there'll be an idea I won't just say 'no' to straight away.

Certaintly, you know how much I love a drink. Listen up kiddies, Tequila Sunrises for a good basic drink. You don't even have to worry about it being a chicks drinks since most chicks wouldn't drink tequila. Back on topic: Tell ya what, if Dockside tavern was an all night bar I'd so be there. I've had a few happy nights drinking there and reckon its great. All Dockside needs IMHO is a pool table and a better sound system and it'd be perfect.