matty_o's RCT2 & RCT3 Park Recreations

matty_o_911

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for the compliments. I can't wait to finish it either, but it should be done (hopefully) for the weekend or early next week. I opened the park today just to see what the guests thought of it and having 1000 people walking around and watching them on the rides, it was hard to get back to building. I like using one of the "easter egg" things in the game that lets you view the perspective from the guests point of view so I get a view of the park. I like looking at the rides in the distance, as they are in motion. Anyway, a few more screens. I have done most of the work now on rocky hollow and the log ride ride area. Every now and again I will add a screenshot with both the RCT3 version and the real life equivalent for some reason, today I have the two versions of the cyclone.

To answer some of your questions: Answer to Steve$'s question: My recreation of dreamworld is only really simple. The exact look of some of the buildings can't exactly be recreated due to lack of wall pieces in RCT3, as well as some of the colours can't be used for buildings. The other main part where RCT recreations fail is because they are limited to the 'grid', meaning it makes diagonals and all types of angles really difficult, where as real parks don't have to worry about it. Eg, the Chairlift in real life runs at an angle but since i can only build in straight lines in the game, for the chairlift to be able to pass beside the giant drop, i have to put a heap of corners into it (see screenshot). There are a just a few custom rides at dreamworld that aren't in the game, eg a spinning ride in the shape of a stingray, so I have to use the closest thing in the game and colour it blue. Most of the rides in Nick central i have no idea what I am going to replace them with as the game has very few like in that area, the same with the ride in the mountain thing next to the TOT entrance (if it is still their, I haven't been since the Nick central has been built) because their aren't any rides like that either. Answer to spoleweski's question: I will probably leave the paddlesteamer out. I might just use some of the walls and roofs to build a motionless boatlike building on the water, but that is all I can do. I could put a rowboat ride and people row themselves around but that will look silly and the guests when i open the park will probably complain that it takes them too long to get completely around. As for tiger island, in RCT2 I used to create the area and place the entertainers in tiger suits in and set their patrol areas so that they couldn't leave. In RCT3 there aren't any tiger entertainers so I will either build the enclosure and leave it empty or give the elephant entertainers orange suits? The rest of the animal enclosures I will just build, but there won't be anything in them, so guests in the park would be wasting their time walking up there because there is nothing for them to see or do. Answer to hurricane's question: Unfortunately I don't think RCT3 parks can be converted to RCT2, due to differences mainly in the scenery. None of the scenery in both the games are exactly the same, so it couldn't be converted. RCT2 rollercoaster tracks can be converted to rct3 coasters but sometimes due to differences in game physics the rides don't work correctly. Answer to HussRainbow and Paul_Hollibone's questions: After I finish dreamworld I might just work on my own park for a little while. I was having a quick go at one this morning before I started on dreamworld trying to design the 'perfect themepark' combining parts of many different parks, eg. I had a bit of seaworld with the monorail going out across the carpark, a bit of movie world with the moat and entrance gate, a bit of disney style here and there and a bit of one of the paramount parks by having an eiffel tower type thing at the 'hub' of the park. Whether or not I will continue with this after i finish dreamworld i don't know. I don't usually finish parks like that because I am a perfectionist and if the park isn't good enough for me I will start again. Where as with a recreation, I know that the park I am creating looks and works fine in real life so I don't stop. As for making more recreations, I'd like to do some of the other parks around Australia, but unfortunately I don't travel much and have never been to any of them. The only parks I have been to are the ones on the gold coast, but haven't been to one for a year or two now. It would make it really hard to build a recreation if I have never been there I think. Maybe I might try seaworld, exept it doesn''t have enough rides to keep me busy, or maybe I might do a RCT3 version of my RCT2 movie world, as I could copy my RCT2 version almost exactly using the grid. I'll have a look on the net and see what maps I can find to see how difficult some of the Australian parks are to create if I haven't been to them. If not, my next project might just be what a six flags park would look like if they built one in Australia, or an Australian disneyland or universal studios etc., I could take the styles of their american parks and give them an Australian theme. I hope I answered everyones questions.

I like the entertainers dressed up in orange elephant suits for tiger island idea lol. Works for me and it'd be close enough to the real thing anyways. You could do that with the kangaroos and stuff in the animal park too but its up to you. Yes, that 'rode in the mountain' now called the 'angry beavers revenge' is still there. perhaps you could put a spinning ride and then build a mountain, around and on top of it like you did for the mine ride, if thats at all possible I don't know. And the building a paddlesteamer on the water sounds the best option too. By the way how do you use the easter egg feature of taking the people's perspective. I've got the game and havent been able to work it out. Keep up the good work its looking great!

the two easter eggs that i use is renaming one of the guests to 'Frontier', this makes all the rides and shops never break down. Because it takes so long to build an entire park before opening it, the rides are usually old before I open the park, so they break down regularly, so this stops those interuptions. Rides in these game always annoy me because they break down too often. In real life they don't break down every five uses of it. The second easter egg to get the peoples perspective is to rename a guest to 'Jonny Watts'. I recommend putting it in fast forward though because they walk slow. And when you have a ride in the game like the mine ride in my dreamworld recreation, the line moves very slowly because it has poor load times, therefore it waiting 20 minutes in a line for a ride in the persons perspective can get extremeley tedious. P.S. Gazza, which RCT version did you use? and if possible, do you have any screens?