Documenting the parks history

Mickazee

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gettheloop.com/loopjanuary3/loop047.html Marvelous development - Wonderland Article. "Eventually, the characters will become the basis for attractions, starting with a Spider man show opening next year and ultimately evolving into a themed area in the park, a la Marvel Superhero Island at Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. “That’s the template,” Lockett said. "

Post some more up please. Why didn't you reply to when i was after some Wonderland Sydney photo's? I needed those. Would it be alright if i could get a Cd sent too? If so, PM me.
Hey Paul, Because I did not have the neg's then, they were "misplaced" by the lab!.. Give me a few more days to scan some more..:) PM me with your details Paul, Cheers Sean

www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com"]On one occasion the train released prematurely from the second lift hill causing it to come to a stop inside the boomerang section.
Mickazee I noticed this bit of 'info' on your website but unfortunately whoever told you this was yanking your chain. Demon has never stopped in to boomerang with people on it. It did stop in the boomerang once during the morning maintenance check but with no one on it. When that happened the ride was closed for the whole day while they got the train out of that section using a crane and winches. "The Bus is now leaving for Yank Well, Western Australia"

I always wondered why our boomerang model didnt have certain modifications other models do have. for example - trim or emergency brakes in the boomerang element itself? And if it was such an issue with the train stalling in the lower elements of the track, eg: bottom of lift hill 2, why dont the units come fitted with a winch style device that can pull the train back to its staging point?

I always wondered why our boomerang model didnt have certain modifications other models do have. for example - trim or emergency brakes in the boomerang element itself? And if it was such an issue with the train stalling in the lower elements of the track, eg: bottom of lift hill 2, why dont the units come fitted with a winch style device that can pull the train back to its staging point?
Hey Alex there was a winch on Lift 2. If the train ever got stuck at the top of lift 2, they would attach the winch to the train at the top, lower the lift chain away from the train and then slowly lower the train down to the brakes at the bottom of lift 2 where the guests would be taken out of the train. The train would then be winched back up to the top of lift 2, released and allowed to run its course back into the station.

yes but Dan, did this result in the ride getting stuck on the lift hill or the boomerang? I was present one day when an operator actually demonstrated the cats eyes on each coaster car, the "magic eye" that read those cats eyes, and exactly how far the train got if one of those bars was down.... precisely nowhere. the ride stopped within a metre of the eye being read... (although, this was a modification installed after the ride was itself constructed at the park, to be a failsafe against operator error, so there could be incidents prior to the installation of the "eye" that I am not aware of.) As far as I know, Demon has, at least once, stalled mid-boomerang, with guests on board. I am aware that she got stuck there at times with no guests, that she got stuck in the gully below lift 2, that she got stuck ON lift 2 and even on lift 1. I know it sheared its cable more than once, and that one time when it did, the train came down lift 1, with the catchwagon still attached, ran through the station, so the electronics and ballast package which hung below the tracks reamed the station sideways and ripped out one or more brake elements in the station itself, not to mention throwing a wheel or two. It is highly possible that I do not know of every single breakdown event that ever happened on Demon. It is also highly possible that other people on these forums do not know of every possible breakdown either. Bus is a great authority on the operations at wonderland. but it doesnt mean he is always correct. I believe the original statement about demon is correct. it has charlied in the middle of the boomerang element.

regardless of whether people were on it or not, the event still occurred...
It actually makes a huge difference. Do you have any idea how long and what a complicated task it would be getting the people out of the train while it is in the boomerang?
I always wondered why our boomerang model didnt have certain modifications other models do have. for example - trim or emergency brakes in the boomerang element itself?
That would be a fantastic place to have brakes. If there was a power failure the ride would stop in the boomerang, great stuff for the people in the front and rear carriages, being stuck nearly upside down and all for a fair amount of time.
As far as I know, Demon has, at least once, stalled mid-boomerang, with guests on board.
Give me a date and time and I will believe you. I have operated Demon literally 1000's of times and have spoken to the maintenance, supervisors and other operators a lot about the incidents that have happened on that ride and every other ride and they have all said that it has never stopped in the boomerang while loaded. Wazza, who said I was working at the park when that incident occurred? "The Bus is now leaving for Upside Down River, NSW"

Give me a date and time and I will believe you. I have operated Demon literally 1000's of times and have spoken to the maintenance, supervisors and other operators a lot about the incidents that have happened on that ride and every other ride and they have all said that it has never stopped in the boomerang while loaded. Wazza, who said I was working at the park when that incident occurred?
Once again, I hate to say it but Bus is 1000% correct. There has never EVER been an evacuation from the Boomerang. There once was an evacuation from the area between the Boomeramg and the Loop back in about 97 or 98. Which is about the closest. I never said you were working there, but once again, I am just so impressed with your knowledge.
No of course it didn't, but old mate Wazza will know exactly what I'm referring to, won't you old son???? Ask him about that fail safe.
What exact fail safe would u be refering too? Are you talking about that pedal sensor too???? If you would want a train to potentially stop somewhere you would put some brakes there. Brakes on roller coasters are designed so that if they fail, the fail closed, not open. So if there is a lack of air pressure or power failure or anything else, they will always stay closed, so the idea that there would be an even greater potential for a train to get stuck in the boomerang seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Yet again, the site has been updated www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com The park history section has been beefed up and is near completion (although still lots of info to go). My next major focus is on the media gallery and ride database. Please fact check what I've put up and get back to me with corrections :-) And SeanM, any more of those photos? :)