Sign in to follow this  
djrappa

New Skyway

13 posts in this topic

Well the new Scenic Skyway at Scenic World in Katoomba is suppossed to open this month (the date was actualy posted but is now gone) however after speaking to Scenic World today it looks like the opening is now back to December. Guess they might be having some commissioning problems...

Well, a month behind is pretty good by Senic World standards. Don't know if it would've been quicker to get Phill out there in his tow truck to build the new Skyway. Quite possibly would have been though, god knows how the man loves his cables.

HAHA Love your work mate. I sure hope those new cables at least make one quick lap around the carpark between the car and its supports :) Scenic worlds not the only park that loves cables though.

I was told by scenic world that the opening was going to be late december/ early januray now, And they still have there "so called engineer" working on the orphan rocker.

One engineer, I wonder how many engineers they had working on something like Top Thrill Dragster which would be like rocket science,rocket coaster science....

What's to question about Scenic World's engineer? She's a qualified Mechanical Engineer, and I believe a lot of the work is done in conjunction with other consulting engineers.
Well if your referring to my post i wasnt saying anything about the engineer personally, They allways say they have an engineer working on it (there've been saying that for years now) Thats why i put "so called engineer" like that.

Actually, I was talking about willsy's post. The truth is that for many years the project was left idle. The original engineer who worked on the project had since retired and Scenic World was working on other things (i.e. Sceniscender, the walking tracks and the many renovations to the facilities). It wasn't until this year that a full-time engineer was appointed to the project. Work on Orphan Rocker is currently on hiatus because of the construction associated with the Skyway, which sees scaffolding over much of the track and one of the coaster's supports has been removed.

ahh orphan rocker... i remember talking to a guy that worked there back in i think either 95 or 96 and he told us back then that it was to open within a year... its been a long year hey! :P