Test seats for rides at Dreamworld

Jayde_MB

Helloooo theme park brains trust!

My 8yo daughter and I are heading to Dreamworld next month. It will be her first time, and I haven’t been in around 11/12 years!

I was just wondering if anybody was able to tell me if any rides have test seats/harnesses you can try out before lining up to ride?

We were at MovieWorld earlier this year and we went on the DC Rivals Hypercoaster. I probably should have checked out the test seat, but the line was ridiculous and it was so hot, I didn’t want to lose our place and thought all would be fine! Long story short, I got on and it did take a couple of tries before we were finally able to get the harness to lock, but I tell you what, I felt so embarrassed and honestly was freaking out that it wouldn’t hold the entire ride and so did not enjoy it nearly as much as I’d like to think I would have! It also took a couple of goes on the front row of the Scooby coaster too, which is our favourite.

I’m about 165cm tall, and around 100kg, but hold all of my weight in my midsection which I think is why it was so hard to get the harness down.

I would like to avoid as much embarrassment as possible on this trip, understandably haha. Also would hopefully like to get on the Superman ride at MovieWorld now I believe my daughter is tall enough to ride!

Appreciate all and any feedback, thank you!!!

- A clueless mum just trying to make memories!

5 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

These rides have test seats at Dreamworld.

- Steel Taipan

- Claw

Motocoaster definitely used to, but I don’t recall seeing it on my last visit.

Motocoaster does still have a test seat out the front, im pretty sure it has the red light green light still but don’t quote me on that. 

The Claw’s seatbelt is tiny and is a tight fit for a lot of people - probably the tightest fit in the park along with motocoaster - whereas (unless changed during its refurb) Giant Drops seat belt is a lot more forgiving so if Claw is fine so will GD.

Steel Taipan is the same seating arrangement as Rivals but for some reason the trains do feel more spacious and have a lot more room with the restraints so that ride should be easier to get on then Rivals was.

Most rides at Dreamworld are pretty forgiving so you should be fine, if you are feeling anxious for a ride with no test seat you can ask a staff member if you can test it out and they will assist you :). 

22 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Motocoaster does still have a test seat out the front, im pretty sure it has the red light green light still but don’t quote me on that. 

The Claw’s seatbelt is tiny and is a tight fit for a lot of people - probably the tightest fit in the park along with motocoaster - whereas (unless changed during its refurb) Giant Drops seat belt is a lot more forgiving so if Claw is fine so will GD.

Steel Taipan is the same seating arrangement as Rivals but for some reason the trains do feel more spacious and have a lot more room with the restraints so that ride should be easier to get on then Rivals was.

Most rides at Dreamworld are pretty forgiving so you should be fine, if you are feeling anxious for a ride with no test seat you can ask a staff member if you can test it out and they will assist you :). 

Thank you all so much :) lucky I despise The Claw and Giant Drop, so don’t think I will be going on it unless my daughter begs 🙈 lol. Give me an actual rollercoaster any day!

I’m assuming I won’t be able to go on Escape From Madagascar which is a real bummer, as the “Reptar Ride” was always my favourite growing up. 

Appreciate all the quick feedback, you guys are onto it!!

3 minutes ago, Jayde_MB said:

I’m assuming I won’t be able to go on Escape From Madagascar which is a real bummer, as the “Reptar Ride” was always my favourite growing up. 

Madagascar seems to pose as more of a problem to people who are tall or people that have broader shoulders but i could be wrong, i think it would be fine :)