Gold Coast Trip Tips

Aw hype

Hi all, just after some advice for my upcoming gold coast trip. As I'm only there for 4 days, I'm looking at getting a 3 park 3 day village pass. Dreamworld, to me, seems like a bit of a waste of a day with GD down and my only real interest being ST. ideally I'd obviously stay a bit longer, but work commitments unfortunately hindered my ability to do so. 

This is My first time on the Gold Coast as an adult, so any tips or advice you guys can give me (where to eat, rides to hit first etc.) will be greatly appreciated. The trip in Question is occuring 30 Jan - 2 Feb.

Scheduled maintenance for the major attractions doesn’t begin until Feb 3, so you should have every attraction available for you at VRTP unless anything goes down for unscheduled maintenance. At Dreamworld, as you state Giant Drop is still down and a couple of the kids rides will be closed for their refurbishment.

Just keep your eye on the forecast and wind speeds. If you’re heading to Sea World be sure to do it on a non-heavy rain day and check the winds speeds are too high (over 30km/h) otherwise Trident and Leviathan might not be available. As Joz says, get there early (before gates open) and head to the major attractions first so you don’t get stuck in any lengthy queues. But as you’re visiting on weekdays on the first full school week, queue waits shouldn’t be too long at all.

• Love it! 1

5 hours ago, Aw hype said:

Hi all, just after some advice for my upcoming gold coast trip. As I'm only there for 4 days, I'm looking at getting a 3 park 3 day village pass. Dreamworld, to me, seems like a bit of a waste of a day with GD down and my only real interest being ST. ideally I'd obviously stay a bit longer, but work commitments unfortunately hindered my ability to do so. 

This is My first time on the Gold Coast as an adult, so any tips or advice you guys can give me (where to eat, rides to hit first etc.) will be greatly appreciated. The trip in Question is occuring 30 Jan - 2 Feb.

I really think dreamworld is well worth it it’s a full experience yes you got rides but there’s also animals and tigers and the train so I think it’s definitely worth getting a ticket ST is worth it and the claw is great too and sky voyager.

when are you coming up?  One tip is just run to the back of the parks and slowly make your way to the front. Lunch time is the time when wait times are the longest. 

• Like 1

Thanks All for your helpful responses. I did have the option to go a week later, but opted against it when I saw VRTP maintenance period starts on the 3rd.

Had I been able to get longer off walk, I'd definitely have liked to go to Dreamworld. Good to hear the parks are quiet this time of the year!

Edited by Aw hype