Gröna Lund Jetline Derailment

One killed, several injured in roller coaster accident in Sweden

STOCKHOLM, June 25 (Reuters) - One person was killed and several were injured in a roller coaster accident at the Grona Lund amusement park in the Swedish capital on Sunday, the TT news agency reported, citing a park spokesperson.

Public broadcaster SVT, citing eyewitnesses, said the park's Jetline roller coaster had partly derailed during a ride.

Police said they were still investigating.

"We are emptying the park and we've started our investigation," a police spokesperson said.

Looks like the wheel assembly fell off, then in the act of the train hitting the track - the manual restraints were opened

SPOILER_SPOILER_Screenshot_20230625-115454_Samsung_Internet.png

Edited by Dean Barnett

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Mindbender all over again.

They will likely remove it I reckon. People don't jump back on a ride in droves after a mechanical failure results in a fatality.

Very sorry for the families and victims. My best to you and for the person who passed, RIP.

On to the coaster itself, after Knightmare was torn down, Jetline became the only ride with that layout in the world. 

I would hope at the least they would sell it on like Mexico did with the now named American Dreier Looping, if they decide not to keep it.