Melbournes Luna park in trouble again

Morphix

Here what I saw in the news in my own words Shock as a family were celebrating a childs birthday at Melbournes luna park yesterday as a ride the family just been on apparently "mulfunctioned". They whitnessed the young childrens ride, "shockdrop" with 2 of the 6 guests with out their head shoulder restraint. The ride is a 6 meter Tall powered freefall ride... Watch the news tonight.........

Yep its in my other thread, you cant find an article about it in saturdays herald sun. I reckon a steel coaster just comes out of the park, of the south area and the coaster goes everywhere oround the street and beach part would be mad, before returning back to luna park.

LPM has been up for sale for awhile. I believe an anoouncement is pending on the new owners. Price was to be less than $8 million. Though in light of the two recent accidents, this maybe delayed. I was at LPS in March, though they have done alot of work it has lost alot of its earlier charm. I agree the return of the rotor and or the river caves would be great. In addition to a new coaster to replace the Metropolis.

Bring back the River Caves for sure! I would make a special trip to Melbourne if they were reinstated. Everyone that experienced the River Caves says how special they were... I think they'd definitely bring back some of the atmosphere to Luna Park. And as someone else said above, it would be great to see a return to the old days with unique rides and lots of facades and artwork. No more of this asphalt with mobile rides plonked on top of it business