New Stuff at Six Flags Magic Mountain 26/11/2023

Gazza

9 hours ago, Gazza said:

The queue line is supposed to look like the Workshop of West Coast Customs but I think maybe the theming was too light on, so you lost that vibe of a bustling workshop, but the ride certainly makes up for it.

7e6c46715007389b14ca22c212f394b6.jpg

Man that certainly looks VERY different to how it looked back during Spring Break - queue spilled out to the external overflow switchbacks and this room was PACKED. Flash pass was the only saving grace - and perhaps the themeing works well when they're packed in like cattle!

Wonderland had paid parking in it's early life. They abandoned it later on - but probably due to the labour cost than anything else. 

I can't see paid parking washing with our parks these days. Unless someone builds a covered multideck carpark and they want to recover the construction cost - in which case i'd be happy to pay for a spot that is covered, cooler out of the sun, and $20 a day or so is probably reasonable, IMO.

8 hours ago, New display name said:

. Parking at the park now costs a whopping $40 USD, which is just taking the piss.

I think this is purely a tactic to sell an annual pass - the platinum pass is $125 per year right now and includes parking - so you make it worth while with 2 visits.  A diamond pass at $200/y includes all US six flags parks.. all with discounts too.