One for the road...

mnemo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I'm feeling this way is because the park is closed and seriously there is absolutely NO POINT in trying to have a get together on the side of Wallgrove Rd to mourne over the park! I'm not saying you guys aren't allowed to do this but what I'm trying to say is why cant you all just get over Wonderland? It's gone! It was gone 2 years ago....everything is completely gone. I know some of you may still have good memories about the park, I do, but just leave it there. As I said there's completely no point in gathering on the side of Wallgrove Rd. and mourning over it. That's the point I'm trying to make, but if you guys aren't going to listen to it then it's your choice.

I took a drive past the park on the weekend and it is completely unrecognisable and not worth taking any photos of. About the only thing you can see is a heap of machinery and very large piles of crushed concrete in the car park. As for what you can see from Wallgrove Rd, it’s a dirt bowl and piles of fill to get rid of the holes. "The Bus is now leaving for Dirty Corner Swamp, NSW"

• 8 months later...
On December 7 2006 its going to be Australia's Wonderland Sydney 21 Birthday so what i am going to do is to hold a remembrance to remember what Australia's Wonderland Sydney was all about and also could u plz passed on the word what i am going to do so if we would meet on the side of the road near the Bush Beast was if you would like to come plz send me an answer to my email address and also i would reply what time to meet at the site. crystal_sharee@hotmail.com thax crystal (ps if anyone is reading this and would like to come plz send me an answer to my email address and i would reply what time to meet at the site. :)
wait... and what will we doooo here? just... look at the old site of wonderland? or have an old fashioned barby and party, haha

Is there any reason to be so bloody rude guys? Sure the idea of meeting at an old Theme Park site may seem a tad weird at first, but please, guys, show some respect. To some people, the place was a lot more than just a Theme Park, it was a life to some people, so please, as I say again, show some respect, and don't be so bloody rude.

Is there any reason to be so bloody rude guys? Sure the idea of meeting at an old Theme Park site may seem a tad weird at first, but please, guys, show some respect. To some people, the place was a lot more than just a Theme Park, it was a life to some people, so please, as I say again, show some respect, and don't be so bloody rude.
I wasn't being rude, just having a joke. Thats why I said with all seriousness, because I'm interested. As for that comment saying an old fashioned barby and party was a seriously question to, everyone loves a party and a bbq.

• 2 weeks later...
wait... and what will we doooo here? just... look at the old site of wonderland? or have an old fashioned barby and party, haha
We will remember what Australia's Wonderland Sydney was all about having fun.
Oh okay. Well that'd be cool. Show videos etc of the park. Does anyone know did WonderLand release a video of its history like Luna Park has? I think they should have. It'd be great!
Wonderland has not release a video showing the history of the park all i know that Luna Park has if i find out anymore information i will let u know about it. :D

We will remember what Australia's Wonderland Sydney was all about having fun.
Yes, let's dance around in the mud (usually dust) and dodge the heavy machinery that is developing the site. Sounds like a heap of fun to me. **Please note sarcasim** "The Bus is now leaving for Merry Dance, Western Australia" Edited by Bussy

I can't believe a congregration of people would rock up to a fence and .... ????? I think the only peice of Wonderland-memorabilia now on the site is the 'Wonderland Drive' street sign. A suggestion... Why don't we all gather around the street sign, hold hands in a circle and sing, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if the world was Wonderland" Bussy, sound good to you mate?

What are trying to say i dont understand the concept :angry: ..... Wonderland has not release a video showing the history of the park all i know that Luna Park has if i find out anymore information i will let u know about it
Just a suggestion... don't take offence but before posting, it would be wise to use a spelling and grammar feature on a word processor to iron out those mistakes. Maybe then we'll understand what you're trying to say. :( Oh by the way, if you hear a car tootin' along Wallgrove Rd on the remembrance day, be sure to wave at me!!

Just a suggestion... don't take offence but before posting, it would be wise to use a spelling and grammar feature on a word processor to iron out those mistakes. Maybe then we'll understand what you're trying to say. :( Oh by the way, if you hear a car tootin' along Wallgrove Rd on the remembrance day, be sure to wave at me!!
People can make mistakes u know i was tired when i wrote to u and i am sorry. I have just found out today that one of my family members is having an operation in randwick hospital on the same day and i won't be able to make it :( Edited by wonderland_girl_87

This is ridiculous. I've seriously had enough of the crap that goes on inside this forum. Everyone b****ing about everyone, no one can spell properly, everyone who is joining up has no clue about the amusement park industry. This is probably my farewell. You'll see me around here when people on here start to grow up a little bit. *NOTE: This is not aimed at anyone, but at (nearly) everyone. This is only MY personal opinion.*