Summer FUNds to boost Gold Coast tourism recovery

Premier Steven Miles today launched a boost for Gold Coast tourism operators in the wake of severe weather.

The GC Summer FUNds initiative is backed by a government investment of $2.5 million which will see 50,000 $50 vouchers up for grabs.

DW annualy passes if you use the code (GCSUMMERFUNDS) at -

https://gcsummerfunds.experienceoz.com.au/en/gold-coast/dreamworld-locals-annual-pass?fbclid=IwAR1zBte_Roe2ZNXJ06XbKnhBu5GHvZg5kd0KhfrYRhM_DAy77W0I6cMqwog

(note Experience OZ is currently having overload issues)

May be an image of 7 people and text

Village passes can be purchased from their websites.

South East QLD residents, claim your GC Summer FUNds and SAVE $50* off selected Theme Park Passes and experiences including the Village Roadshow Locals One Pass (now only $169), Village Roadshow Locals One Pass Lite (now only $129), Australian Outback Spectacular’s Heartland (now from $59.99) and more! Be quick, limited time only!

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'VILLAGE ROADSHOW ONE PASS LOCALS WAS $219 LOCALSONE DADSHOW LOCALS PASS lite NOW ONLY $169 WAS $179 NOW ONLY $129 SAVE $50 Summer GOLDCOAST. FUNDS'

Edited by New display name

There's a lot of folk out there who bought passes recently who are going to be a bit bitter about that. 

I know folk who purchased a new pass literally 3 days ago who have now paid about $80 more than they would have if they waited until today. The park is naturally not open to offering refunds (nor should they - QGOV is copping the hit, not the park) but it unfortunately leaves people with a bit of a bad taste of feeling ripped off.

10 minutes ago, red dragin said:

I eventually managed to secure one after about two hours. Server crashed, and when it reconnected I got through. 

Got the Locals Lite, is there anyway to add your photo etc in the app, or will I have to do it when I get to the park? 

I recently got my photo added to the app and I did it at the front gate.  Took about 3mins.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Got the Locals Lite, is there anyway to add your photo etc in the app, or will I have to do it when I get to the park? 

Should be able to manually add the barcoded number in the VRTP app and add your photo in after selecting that ticket on your profile.

Go to “add tickets and vouchers” in profile.

Edited by Park Addict 93

10 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Should be able to manually add the barcoded number in the VRTP app and add your photo in after selecting that ticket on your profile.

No option for photo on the Android version. It just added the ticket, tapping the ticket then just loads the bar code full screen and brightness.

I'll allow extra time to do it at the gate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Dreamworld Locals Annual passes at $50 after promo code are now sold out/allocation exhasted.

I wonder how the Government came up with how many each business got.  A bit of an on the hop poorly thought out idea, that would have seen some people get nothing and other people hitting the jackpot.   The way the QLD Gov handled the Covid vouchers makes this attempt almost laughable.

eh. the parks all got slammed over the holiday period and lost a butt-ton of revenue. while i'm annoyed at how it went down, its not much more than poor timing and bad luck. 

The government boosting the tourism sector in recovery can only be a good thing, and history has shown all the way back to 2007 that a cash splash is a popular political move.

📣 $50 LOCALS ANNUAL PASS – RESTOCKED 📣
Buy a Locals Annual Pass for just $50! Experience Gold Coast has restocked the Dreamworld Locals Annual Pass but get in quick as stock WILL sell out!
Head to the link below, add it to your cart, use the promo code GCSUMMERFUNDS and get $50 off the discounted $100 deal when you check out! One per UNIQUE purchaser residing in Southeast Queensland only!
Edited by New display name