Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Luna Park Melbourne Content

10 posts in this topic

There are now 15 new galleries showcasing all of the rides and attractions of Luna Park in Melbourne. Included in the galleries is a comprehensive look at Scenic Railway, with over 20 photographs of the ride in action. Great Pics Rich, brings back a lot of good memories for me. I can remember being on it & there were very strong winds, the train stopped on the top corner nearest the beach & it did have to be pushed to get it going again.

Indeed!! The pictures of LPM look fantastic!! The grand old lady looks great!! The Scenic Railway Station looks excellent..and in mint condition!! I hope that the Lindsay Fox redevelopment plans will include a new wooden Big Dipper to replace the Metropolis. It has been stated that he is going to try and bring back traditional rides and attractions back..lets hope he makes good on this promise!! Any one have any updated news on plans for LPM?? Great photos photos Richard..thanks! Cheers Jobe

Looking at those pics I noticed just how much more effort Luna Park Melbourne has put into the fun parks appearance compared to Luna Park Sydney. I notice every ride at LPM has some kind of theming and backdrop - even the op booths are heavily themed. Can't say the same thing for LPS

I still don't get what everyone's problem is with Luna Park Sydney. Apart from select rides (Ie Scenic Railway), most of the rides theming is a standard on that ride, such as the little swinging boat, the rides design came like that. Same goes things for the enterprise they have there. I personally, I don't care what you have to say, I prefer LPS over LPM, which is literally falling apart.

The problem I have w/LPS is that it's not an amusement park anymore IMHO...It's basically a shadow of it's former self w/corporate venues where there used to be rides. There are now so few rides to choose from that it's not a full days outing. The old LPS ( pre Ghost Train fire ) was an amazing & magical place to visit when I was a child & I would go there often. It had all that wonderful old world feeling & plenty to see & do for the whole day/evening. Now we just have a few carnival type rides accept for the ferris wheel & wild mouse &...that's it. At least LPM is holding on to some of the charm & hopefully renovating it to keep it going.