myk

Whirly Wheels?

63 posts in this topic

Today I went to WnW, and I went on the Tornado, and 3 of us lined up. When we got to the end of the queue they said 2 people per tube. I looked on the tube and sure enough they were Proslide "Whirly Wheels" - 2 person tubing. Now I don't know why this was - maybe because people were trying to grab onto the fountain things in the funnel... so the less weight, the less high you go. Anyone know why?

I was wondering about them, intially I was happy that they had opted not to use them as all they really do is turn a 4 person ride into a 2 person ride, which of course leads to longer lines. And anyway, two groups of 2 can join to make 4. But Myk, have they replaced the entire supply of rafts with whirly wheels, or can you still go in a 4 person cloverleaf?

Edited by Gazza

I saw a Cloverleaf shoved behind the shed with the pump, but there is no option as such. It's Whirly Wheels or nothing.

Great, that means even longer waits right? I guess it would be fun to use and you'd feel more isolated but I definitely think that the Cloverleaf Tubes were the better option! Maybe they're just trying to differ from WnW? Any idea what lines will be like this Saturday? I'm thinking of heading up that way on the weekend. EDIT: I thought we were talking about WWW not WnW... Woops!

Edited by WnW_Rocks

It would suck wanting to go on with 3 other friends and then finding out you can't.
Yeah it did. And to top it off I was stuck with some fat pom.

It did. :/ Hopefully they bring back the cloverleafs for holidays. Maybe the lines were moving too fast so they thought theyd cut the capacity in half.

Yeah when I was there on thursday it wsa a 25 minute wait and the clover leaf's are in the shed near the line up and the guy at the line up goes "2, 2, 2, 2, 2" and ask if theres any single riders if need be. It's very stupid. We wanted a ride pic together but the guy said it was 2 only and what was funny was as you go up the stairs they have the "this is a two, three or four person ride" announcement going lol.

haha yeah lisa I noticed that. I emailed WnW tonight and asked about it, I will inform you all when I get the reply.

Just a side note, do they have the on-ride camera working on the Tornado? When my friends and I went, the camera was there, we got off the ride, and they hadn't finished the on-ride photo monitors! :( Can you still get the pics from the place near the entrance? Have they finished it yet?

Thanks for your email. Management are currently testing these tubes on the Tornado, you will see the 4 person ones back on the Tornado soon.

I seen them today, I was wondering what they were. Im thinking it must just be to see how they go and something different maybe to WWW's Green Room. The lines were very very Packed, way out from the cue area. Also the park was packed to the MAX. The Whole car park was full. Front, Back, Sides, Outback and Even Grassed Area. I couldnt belive it.

Also the park was packed to the MAX. The Whole car park was full. Front, Back, Sides, Outback and Even Grassed Area. I couldnt belive it.
You're kidding?! So obviously WhiteWater World hasn't made a dent in Wet 'n' Wild's attendance levels? Seems a bit strange to me. I'd be interested to know how busy WWW was on the same day

The cloverleafs are still all blown up, they're behind the back shed near the Mach 5's and the stables.

Just a side note, do they have the on-ride camera working on the Tornado? When my friends and I went, the camera was there, we got off the ride, and they hadn't finished the on-ride photo monitors! :( Can you still get the pics from the place near the entrance? Have they finished it yet?
Just to answer this since no one has yet..when I went on (nov 30th) they were working but I'm not sure where you could get them from because there was no sign or anything that we saw so we didnt check to see how good they came out. I actually like the 2 person one but I havent used the cloaver leaf so I'm not sure if its better but my brother was saying that they are heavy and are so hard to carry up the stairs...is this true??

Getting them up the stairs is the easy part, you just roll them. The hard part is getting them onto the stairs in the first place. They are such idiots not to have built a conveyor belt! Like seriously! NUTS! But they arent much heavier than Whirly wheels.

They sort of look like a film reel, its circular with 4 holes, one for your bottom and one for your feet to rest in. The only pic I could find was this one, look for the bright green thing near the bottom: http://www.westcoaster.net/wcPhoto.php?upd=1&image=4925

Edited by Gazza

I reckon the cloverleafs look waaay better - much more modern. I bet the only reason Wet 'n' Wild is trialling these Whirly Wheels is cause they were too cheap to install a raft conveyor and they have probably now realised it is damn hard to lug the full Cloverleafs up all those stairs