Village roadshow need better merchandise for their rides.

Village have pretty bad offerings for merchandise. Of course they got the DC stuff and Loony tunes but as far as actual "MovieWorld" stuff and stuff for their rides it's very poor. The DC rivals joker head shirt is probably the best they have?  I am mainly focusing on T-shirts at the moment but it would be nice to have other stuff as well. What shirts would everyone like to see? I quite like these designs. (Credit to Chryslerlover on reddit)

F8233680-B74B-409C-8F5A-4B01A3E4900F.jpeg

21A58C24-51D5-4FE0-9C2F-F0DAF8E7E173.jpeg

30 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Village have pretty bad offerings for merchandise. Of course they got the DC stuff and Loony tunes but as far as actual "MovieWorld" stuff and stuff for their rides it's very poor. The DC rivals joker head shirt is probably the best they have?  I am mainly focusing on T-shirts at the moment but it would be nice to have other stuff as well. What shirts would everyone like to see? I quite like these designs. (Credit to Chryslerlover on reddit)

F8233680-B74B-409C-8F5A-4B01A3E4900F.jpeg

21A58C24-51D5-4FE0-9C2F-F0DAF8E7E173.jpeg

They definitely need better merch, but those shirts looks more like early 2000’s merch for a local laser tag place. The best reflection of what the parks need, IMO, are designs more akin to these (maybe not in exact style, but effort/level of design).

IMG_7877.jpeg.f56ec1ebe9562a8d2e71f37f0b631ff2.jpeg

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.03267425aedc6241c44ab2ae886184c6.jpeg

Edited by Tricoart

Look i'd prefer they have more ride specific merch. Heck, last time I went to knott's they had 'new' merch featuring all of their 'former' attractions.

For their 30th anniversary, MW released a T-shirt with things like gremlins and stuff on it and i've seen a lot of those shirts around...

Here's what i'd like to see (in some semblance of priority):

1. Polo Shirts. Good quality, decent array of sizes, comfortable to wear in a dri-fit fabric or dye-sub design. Full colour artwork\design, or more of a golf-polo with just the small logo. Honestly, i'd buy the whole set if they did one for each ride \ colour.
  2. ZIP UP Hoodies. With pockets. Hoodies without zips are a pain in the ass. Hoodies without pockets also. But don't go overboard with designs. one or two in the park is fine - by all means do one a bit more plain \ black \ masculine, and do another that is more colourful or feminine. His and hers are definitely a thing that will sell more than one. Doing one for every DC character is overkill. Release a new one every year, retire an old one.
  3. Ride specific products - and not just the same drink bottle or keyring with a different logo on it. Make each thing unique, or something different about it.
  4. In the same vein as number 3 - try to tailor your offering. Wild West should have old school curios. metal objects, wood objects. the kind of thing you'd see in the old west. Oz can have kansas-y olden stuff and whimsical colourful oz stuff. Superman is set in metropolis, don't forget it. Importantly though don't over-design it and end up offering a $450 item that will gather dust. It has to fit in the affordable category to move the volume. 
  5. Never thought i'd be in the camp, but spirit jerseys. Bought one in Hong Kong and i'm a convert. they're lighter than a jumper, loose fitting and comfortable. you can have the same style but release a new design every year and it will keep selling. Yes they are different enough to hoodies that I know I personally would buy both.
  6. This one is a long time coming - but a specialty food item or two. To do this, you need a food outlet that produces something popular, that has a signature addition - like a burger with a special sauce. Maybe for Oz they do a Kansas-style chicken wing, and they have Toto's Wing Sauce. custom label it and sell it in the gift shop.
  7. Nanocoasters or Cutouts are cool and all. I'd like to see them, but I acknowledge they're pretty niche, but even if they did limited runs of things, or a pre-order or something, I know a lot of fans of the park would order.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tricoart said:

They definitely need better merch, but those shirts looks more like early 2000’s merch for a local laser tag place. The best reflection of what the parks need, IMO, are designs more akin to these (maybe not in exact style, but effort/level of design).

IMG_7877.jpeg.f56ec1ebe9562a8d2e71f37f0b631ff2.jpeg

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.03267425aedc6241c44ab2ae886184c6.jpeg

Yeah the ones I got here aren't the best examples but imo the best shirts and designs in general should be nice and simple. Consist of 1-5 Color's And be a timeless design.  The first design example you have here isn't bad but it's not an original logo. It's a generic template Taronga Zoo and many other places use the same one.  And the leviathan shirt is just plain ugly. Way to much going on. I don't think many people would wear that. It's just not cool.

we also need more ringer shirts. The 50th Anniversary dreamworld logo (though simplified to just white, black, blue and red 👌🏻) on the white ringer with red rings is my favourite shirt in our parks atm. Simple timeless design on a ringer. I couldn't find a photo and it's not on the DW merch website but it's still in park. 

E0D03A82-0B79-414B-89FE-900D640DCF43.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

15 hours ago, REGIE said:

@DaptoFunlandGuycould you show me a few examples of a "good" polo? I am unfamiliar with polo's but I agree they should get some

There's two directions you can go with these. Both of which you will find with a little google image search. 

Try the following searches:

• dye sub polo shirt
    These are full colour, and can be as simple or as detailed of a design as you like. There really isn't much of a limit when it comes to dye sublimation printing. 
    Dreamworld almost got it right when they produced a dye-sub t-shirt. If it'd had a collar, it would have been perfect!
    Dreamworld: River rapids ride being dismantled 18 months on
    (This is the first result I could find on google when searching for it, as this style of shirt is no longer sold on their online merch store)

• dri-fit polo shirt
    This is a much simpler design. Searching this on google will return numerous results of simplistic styled and comfortable polo shirts in a dri-fit fabric (also known as 'wick-away') which keeps the wearer cool. Nike and Under Armour are big producers of shirts like this and they're worn by lots of sportspeople. Tiger Woods for example has his own shirts produced by Under Armour. A lot of golfers wear this style also
    Nike DF Victory Solid Polo - Black/White | Drummond Golf
    The important thing about these shirts is the style of fabric. They're not cotton, or a cotton-poly blend. They tend to have stretchy, breathable fabric containing a percentage of elastane or other flexible fabric. (The wicking fabric and breathability is certainly welcomed in the climate of SEQ)

Check out the description of this one, for example - Men's UA Matchplay Polo | Under Armour AU

As another example - Disney produced merchandise for World of Avatar which was co-branded by Nike, and the shirt was so comfortable!

Disney Men's Shirt - Nike Performance Polo - ACE - Pandora World of Avatar (yourwdwstore.net)

Posted (edited)

Thank you. 
just personal taste, I am not a fan of the first style. Again seems messy and ugly to me but I see heaps of people wearing similar so they definitely sell.  I think they could do something very cool with the second style though. I would like a few simple polos with just a simple logo in the top corner like where the Nike logo is. I think some shirts like that would be very cool! Thanks @DaptoFunlandGuyfor the detailed overview! :D 

saw this in my google searches. I think this would be sick with a dreamworld or seaworld logo in the top corner (not sure the photo loaded or not)

799C369E-4A67-4A4B-91FC-637775B424DE.webp

Edited by REGIE

13 hours ago, REGIE said:

just personal taste, I am not a fan of the first style. Again seems messy and ugly to me but I see heaps of people wearing similar so they definitely sell

When you say the first style, are you judging it based on a google search, or based off of the dreamworld t-shirt I gave as an example?

The point about dye sub shirts is that you can create whatever you want. So what i'm reading about the 'messy' and 'ugly' sounds like it comes down to your taste about the dreamworld artwork specifically?

Men's Custom Full Color Dye Sublimation ...image.jpeg.417825f1dba2eb0910ab334ca2016204.jpegimage.jpeg.dcdf3263c1b0daa1f6ead1ab89994f2e.jpegimage.jpeg.f009a4190c3e8e07e8c4e14a472a69a1.jpegDye Sublimated Clothing - Clothing ...

And these concepts - which were available in Universal:

Universal Studios Hulk Sublimation T Shirt Men’s Size Medium NEW with TAG |  eBaySuper Nintendo World Merchandise at Universal Studios Japan

(I own one of these nintendo shirts and wish it had a collar).

The point is - with Dye Sublimation, you can pretty much put whatever you want on the shirt, and they're far cooler than the vinyl print shirts, where the entire fabric is coated with a layer of vinyl that doesn't breathe and just makes you sweat - like these:

Universal Studios Hollywood Super Nintendo World Shirt. Medium

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

When you say the first style, are you judging it based on a google search, or based off of the dreamworld t-shirt I gave as an example?

The point about dye sub shirts is that you can create whatever you want. So what i'm reading about the 'messy' and 'ugly' sounds like it comes down to your taste about the dreamworld artwork specifically

Yeah based on google search. "Messy" and "Ugly" are probably not the words I mean. I just personally find that most of those style shirts go pretty overboard in detail with massive artworks and heaps of colours and gradients and just a lot going on. I understand that they must be nice in the heat but I just prefer simpler designs. And when I searched die sub polos everything that comes up is pretty wild. Again I see many people wearing them so I understand the need to have them.

heres Some of my favourite theme park shirts. (Really wish the one shirt was printed on a colour  other than red) the bottom one with the picture of the corkscrew train on the green shirt is borderline for me but it's almost there. 

60D76AFF-CFD4-4346-AE6A-EA65DE295089.jpeg

8C3FA538-B440-4E2A-BB3C-4E1E3E6C2011.jpeg

94DD2852-D344-4058-9B19-5DBD412AF3E0.jpeg

372F2FA0-D33D-43A3-A64B-371C7FDC57C3.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

9 hours ago, REGIE said:

Yeah based on google search. "Messy" and "Ugly" are probably not the words I mean. I just personally find that most of those style shirts go pretty overboard in detail with massive artworks and heaps of colours and gradients and just a lot going on. I understand that they must be nice in the heat but I just prefer simpler designs. And when I searched die sub polos everything that comes up is pretty wild. Again I see many people wearing them so I understand the need to have them.

heres Some of my favourite theme park shirts. (Really wish the one shirt was printed on a colour  other than red) the bottom one with the picture of the corkscrew train on the green shirt is borderline for me but it's almost there. 

60D76AFF-CFD4-4346-AE6A-EA65DE295089.jpeg

8C3FA538-B440-4E2A-BB3C-4E1E3E6C2011.jpeg

94DD2852-D344-4058-9B19-5DBD412AF3E0.jpeg

372F2FA0-D33D-43A3-A64B-371C7FDC57C3.jpeg

And not a single collar amongst them. 

The issue with your samples here is they wouldn't work on a polo as vinyl print. (You could Dye Sub them, and they wouldn't look too bad) but I just couldn't wear the bottom one as it simply wouldn't breathe.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

And not a single collar amongst them. 

The issue with your samples here is they wouldn't work on a polo as vinyl print. (You could Dye Sub them, and they wouldn't look too bad) but I just couldn't wear the bottom one as it simply wouldn't breathe.

Yeah my bad I was just showing some prints I'd like in general. Not necessarily for polos. I agree polo's need collars. Something like this would be nice for a dyed polo . After some more research regular tshirt prints don't really work on polos. I think these designs work with the style of a collared shirt well

1AA597BE-293C-4216-B5D0-BCFA3E7FB52C.jpeg

862D05B5-EC60-41D7-A9E9-3D837A249081.jpeg

53CA8DF2-8C01-428E-9E8E-EC07C92DD1C2.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

Outside of shirts, collectables/statues are something id like to see. Look at disney with Holocrons, Holochess and every single ride having a collectable vehicle you can buy. Australian parks have taken more of the Universal pre Harry Potter approach and done the bare minimum. We need park exclusive things to buy, in universe things to buy, and cool shit to buy. They could do small replicas of WWF mountain or the Scoody facade, or at the very minimum, do snow globes of them.

Hell, make the side of JrDS look like a comedically huge ACME factory and stick a really cool shop in it with hidden cool shit like portholes or something.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Agree. Would love some display pieces. You know those led lamps with the plastic cut out that lights up? I know they are cheesy and kinda ugly but they could do some cool stuff with them. Joker face for example 

000FF4C6-9641-4EAF-88E6-20CEB33904AC.jpeg

And stickers! We need some stickers. They have come back in trend lately with teenagers . Especially the 90s skater style stickers.

Edited by REGIE