Fast-track and backwards seats only being available for purchase on the app. Yeah or Nah

Fast-track and backwards seats only being available for purchase on the app. Yeah or Nah  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should extra purchases be app only, yeah or nah

• Yeah, app purchases streamline the overall process
    • Nah, having app purchases as the ONLY method is dumb

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/04/24 at 02:18 AM

The second yeah or nah poll. This time the controversial app only purchases of backwards seats and other extras at the village parks. Does this benefit the overall experience? Or is this a negative.

Edited by REGIE

It doesn't make a difference.  Honestly, the demand for up-charge seating is so low even on busy days that they may as well scrap a booking system entirely and just have a wireless Eftpos terminal at the head of the queue line.

If it's going to be in an app, then they should use it a little smarter - offer off-peak, mid-week discounted rides ($10-15) to annual pass holders to entice them into the park, even let them buy multiple rides for a lower price.  If the ride is running with empty seats, better to get some money than no money.

That would be the only reason to need a booking system - to get people into the park on quiet days and get guaranteed revenue out of them.  F&B discounts (if you offer decent F&B) would also do the same thing.

I don't believe that it should be online only: what happens if the app glitches out and nobody is able to get Fast Track/Backwards? Village and Coast wouldn't want that as no fast track purchases = no money. And what if there is a Optus outage for example and Optus costumers can't use internet, and therefore cannot buy fast track? I think there should always be a physical option incase something goes wrong.

Happy to have in app purchases, although if you prefer leaving your belongings in a locker, it may be annoying to have to carry your phone as proof of purchase. Equally the same with an eftpos machine in the queue having to bring your wallet.

What if they had scalable pricing, so each time the train leaves with empty seats, it discounts by a dollar and when someone purchases, it resets back to full price $20 (or whatever the charge is now).  They could cap the discount so once it reaches $10.00 it stays at that price until purchased.

You could then take a risk waiting for the price to come down before purchasing and hope that someone else doesn't jump in before you. 

31 minutes ago, yaark said:

What if they had scalable pricing, so each time the train leaves with empty seats, it discounts by a dollar and when someone purchases, it resets back to full price $20 (or whatever the charge is now).  They could cap the discount so once it reaches $10.00 it stays at that price until purchased.

You could then take a risk waiting for the price to come down before purchasing and hope that someone else doesn't jump in before you. 

That would just create a ridiculous shit storm, and i'd hate to be the ride attendant telling someone hey i know the guy before you got these seats for $10 each, but you have to pay $20, unless you go back and wait for 9 more people to purchase. 

Way too convoluted 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, yaark said:

Equally the same with an eftpos machine in the queue having to bring your wallet.

I never have my phone on me in the ST queue, but if I choose to buy a spinning seat, having my wallet accessible in my smartwatch has always worked.

Plus loose items aren't prohibited like superman and guests routinely carry their wallets and phones onto the station for DCR and ST. 

In the case of SE, if you're selling fast track, the greeter can always sell it at the gate prior to sending you to a locker, and just hand you a lanyard, token, wristband or other proof of purchase to use the FT queue if that's your concern.

1 hour ago, yaark said:

What if they had scalable pricing, so each time the train leaves with empty seats, it discounts by a dollar and when someone purchases, it resets back to full price $20 (or whatever the charge is now).

I'm not sure your suggestion is workable, but they'd almost certainly make more money with some sort of dynamic pricing model. If the row isn't occupied 80% of the time the park is charging too much, there's no profit to be made on empty seats!

Edited by aaronm

4 hours ago, aaronm said:

I'm not sure your suggestion is workable, but they'd almost certainly make more money with some sort of dynamic pricing model. If the row isn't occupied 80% of the time the park is charging too much, there's no profit to be made on empty seats!

I think the system @yaark mentioned could be pretty complicated and confusing for guests. But I agree that there should be off peak and on peak pricing. And one pass discounts. Would be a good incentive to go the pro pass over the lite pass if it was a pro pass only benefit.