Dreamworld Here I come

billyb67

Both good points as alex Pointed out though was kinda were i'm getting at is i noticed all day that they didn't even rotate in different areas of one attraction like the same person did the same thing all day loading or unloading what ever they were assigned they did all day. Were as Wonderland by the sound of things follows very much the same system as Warner village does. Exceptional for Scooby is the fact from my understanding staff stay on scooby all day but they will change positions on the attraction as for other rides staff rotate to different attractions each day depending on your qualified skill whether it be a attraction presenter for batman or shrek to a rides op on major rides ect. I also find that Warner Village do a good job at making the system work. But all it merely was a observation i made when i was there.

Both good points as alex Pointed out though was kinda were i'm getting at is i noticed all day that they didn't even rotate in different areas of one attraction like the same person did the same thing all day loading or unloading what ever they were assigned they did all day. Were as Wonderland by the sound of things follows very much the same system as Warner village does. Exceptional for Scooby is the fact from my understanding staff stay on scooby all day but they will change positions on the attraction as for other rides staff rotate to different attractions each day depending on your qualified skill whether it be a attraction presenter for batman or shrek to a rides op on major rides ect. I also find that Warner Village do a good job at making the system work. But all it merely was a observation i made when i was there.
As I said earlier, if two (or three, or four depending on the case) operators get put on a ride, where they both have the skill to operate all aspects of the ride than they can and do swap often. A good example is Thunder river, Staff swap around all day on that ride, moving from load, to dispatch, to unload. Although the senior operator tends to spend more time at unload. Same with Motocoaster, training permitted, operators may swap positions throughout the day. Problem lies though, obviously on rides with two operators like Cyclone, Log ride and wipeout, where in some cases there are two (or three) levels of difference between the operators, they arent going to be swapping, this is where you will find the operators are static all day. With the other two op rides (drop, claw, tower etc) you will occaisonally get swaps, but most of the time there is still a level of difference, so staff cant rotate.

Perhaps a better answer would be that the claw used to exit via that operator booth on the other side. I can't seem to recall a booth on the other side of the track at tower though.... or are you talking about GD? in which case it would be if one side isn't operating, the despatcher can sit on the side that IS operating. A lot of attractions are out there that are designed for two op booths, one for entry and one for exit. Entry is normally the main control, and exit would have either duplicate controls, or at worst case, an e-stop button. Usually you will find rides are constructed with these booths because they are the most efficient method of operation, getting maximum people on and off as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, most parks (such as dreamworld) opt to only use the one gate after the "debut peak" is over, and you exit through the same gate that you entered (or at least right next to it). This reduces the number of staff required, and therefore the cost of running the ride.

Both Claw and Tower have second booths, Towers is on the load side, Claw on the opposite side to load, where the Q4U entry is. Both booths are actually there for a reason. Standard Dreamworld operating procedures require there to be two operators at these rides, at all times for them to be operating. In claw, the second booth has two buttons, an E-Stop and a Dispatch allow button, which this second operator must be holding down for the Main operator to be able to start the ride. You will see operators everywhere crossing their arms towards each other, giving the all clear to move on to the next step of operation. In tower, there are the same two buttons, as well as a gate control for the door that leads into the loading area. Reptar is very similar, it also has a 'dispatch allow' system, although all other controls are with the main operator. EDIT: Also, both sides of GD are quite capable of single operation, although for the east side (side closest to the queue) to operate, it has to be 'turned on' by the West side control panel.

Edited by Lotl_90

WWF does rotation with superman staff only like you mentioned because of uniform change.
the ride staff are rostered on one ride per day, the only reason you would change is if there is a shortage on another ride, or your ride has to many and they don't want to send you home. The only exception is the village area and dodgems they are treated as one ride and supervisors. You change positions within the ride tho. Edited by ShadowXL

I didn't think the Q4U could be used on the Giant Drop? Unless it's changed since I was there last.
Does anyone have a verification as to whether the Q4U can be used on the Giant Drop? When I used it last it was not setup for the Giant Drop. Either way, the Q4U is a rather cool device, and is certainly something I would use again if I deemed it necessary. And just for clarification, the Q4U entry for the TOT is actually the Emergency Exit on the unload side of the TOT station.

i can tell you that the giant drop is 100% definitely not on the Q4U system. The eight rides on the system are Tower of Terror, Motocoaster, Cyclone, Claw, Wipeout, Thunder River Rapids, Log Ride and Runaway Reptar. I thought that this had come up in another topic but this can end all of the speculation for everyone. And I agree with you T-bone, if used correctly, the Q4U system can make you day all the more enjoyable. cheers