Stunt show indoors ?

S.W24

Hmm... I still believe the walls are there to stay. Even if there's going to be no roof. Firstly, why pay someone to redraw a park map with the walls in place when you can just white out the area? And the walls aren't just placed on the map, but they are drawn with such detail, which leads me to believe they are here to stay. Just my 2 cents...

The map has to be redrawn anyway once the site in finsihed as it will show the set in full detail. Drawing the walls is a no brainer for the art department, that likely took about 10 minutes to knock up for the current 'temp' map. Yes it's expensive to do this but this is no low budget show is it. Apart from sight lines the walls also help to reduce the contruction noise impacting on the neighbours and the park, the holes are needed for vehicle access to the site.

I was told WVTP have asked the Gold Coast Council to ban flying of public helicopters over the parks because the sound was causing distress to animals at AOE. Does this sound like a precautionary step against eagle eye viewers taking a sneek peek at the set? or does someone at AOE know that its true? Wouldnt put it past WVTP to take harsh steps to protect a secret.. (Supeman Escape Photo War) I got a strike for attacking Klassen24..would i do it again? hmm...

Edited by DonjaiInLA

I went in today and spoke to a few staff members, and the walls are there to stay. Also, the walls are on every side of it, even at the back, so they're not just there to hide things out. I'm guessing noise. Don't forget, they're bolted into place so there's no way they can just remove them after the thing is built. I have pictures if anyone wants to see.

Don't forget, they're bolted into place so there's no way they can just remove them after the thing is built.
How would they be safe if they wern't bolted in, even if the are temporary this would have been a necessary precaution to take. Just think if a truck backed in unintentionally.

I'd actually have to agree with the fact the wall's are only temporary. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if WVTP go into such detail to keep this show under wraps till it opens. After the many complaints to council by nearby neighbours with the noise made when Wild Wild West was in construction I'm shore they wouldn't want to make the same mistake. Djrappa is right also to the fact most front line employee's, Ride attendants, shop assistance etc. would know just as much as most of the people on this forum.

Yeah, putting up concrete walls around things being built isn't actually unheard of, probably could have mentioned this sooner, but I remember in a lecture a little while back being shown a museum (well, really more of a small art gallery sort of thing) near Stockholm having modular concrete walls around it for the entire duration of the construction period...essentially the intention of the architect was basically to surprise everyone with the final built form, but the concrete walls had been designed to be re-purposed, and were then able to be taken down and be used for buildings at a couple of the schools in the surrounding area.

Yeah I've heard a similar thing before Gazza, and like i said it wouldn't surprise me if that is the reason for the walls being there to hide the finished product. With a price tag of $10 million there is a fair chance that is the case and those walls when finished with can be sold off to another company or site that may need them. Those walls will also hide the behind look of the set that could or may be able to be seen from in the inside of the park before they are covered up. That way having the walls there isn't going to allow anyone to have a sneak peak. Does anyone know who is doing all the construction and set design, I'd heard back a few months ago Fx illusions was doing it as they have down work on most of WVTP attractions incl superman scape.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! Wow, what a great idea. Of course they will put a roof on the new venue as they wouldn’t want those nasty big old concrete walls to fall over and squish somebody now would they? Hang on, they’ve been up for almost two weeks now and they haven’t placed the roof on top :o What’s stopping the walls from falling down NOW???! oooh BUGGER! Wouldn’t that be funny if they fell over tonight while no one was paying attention. HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! Maybe some good person should ring em and let know!! Personally I believe the yellow picture does look like a roof. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Hang on, they’ve been up for almost two weeks now and they haven’t placed the roof on top :o What’s stopping the walls from falling down NOW???! oooh BUGGER!
Well, to answer your question, one needs to simply understand a little more about pre-fab or pre-cast concrete walls such as the ones at MW - In most cases, where there is any danger in the walls falling over, a simple set up like this is employed.

post-152-1223079298_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

The walls are definately here to stay. There is a large ramp wide enough for a car to go up being placed where the Potter train once was and it meets up with a guide indent on the wall. If they were so against letting the public see into the arena at what is happening, why haven't they put the walling up on this section? As from the covered area behind where you get transfers to Paradise Country you can easily see over the small promo wall and into the set. I'm heading down to MW today and will endeavour to get some photos of this area for those of you who are unsure of what I'm talking about. Here are the photos... post-2478-1226027462_thumb.jpg Here you can see the ramp I was refering to. This photo is taken from next to the Dirty Harry Bar. post-2478-1226027633_thumb.jpg This is taken from the raised area I was refering to earlier and as you can see the top of the wall jumps down a level (approx 1-2 metres) so either it is not going to be enclosed or a dual level roof. post-2478-1226027751_thumb.jpg Same deal with the opposite end near the WB Kids Zone.

Edited by Gazza

Re the last picture, I really hope they put a line of trees between the walls of the stunt show and the walls of WB Kids. That would be disgusting if they left it untouched, even a paint job would work though a combination of the two would be best. Was Police Academy that close to the Looney tunes perimeter? BTW Wyncenuros, what camera were these taken on.

Edited by cadboy