Good things to say

rappa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone resigns to thinking I have some form of Negativity bias... although I may have left this post too late... I have 4 days off coming up and despite the comments that I have posted in this thread recently, I am once again looking forward to spending my time at WBMW & SW. I will agree that there are a whole bunch of positives within these parks and these not only stem from the great rides and attractions in the parks but also from bringing back memories of the past 10 years. Riding Superman 15+ times in a row, choosing one attraction and spending literally the whole time at the park at that one attraction, going to the Dirty Harry bar for Nachos and a drink. These are all positive experiences that make the day a wonderous occasion no matter how many times you do it. Yes some of the decisions made at the parks in the recent past have probably not been the best in our eyes, but as has been mentioned before, we are using a base line that is perhaps a little unobtainable at this time. We need to keep in mind that Australia is in some ways still recovering from a recession and that the parks are first and foremost a business. We need to realise that the decisions made by one person can have many sides to it and was most likely not a split second choice by them but one that was thought out and discussed by a team and while it may not have been the most desired option, it might have been the right one to make. Overall, yes, I am happy with our parks and will continue to attend them regularly. It is just a shame that some compromises simply must be made.

Edited by Wyncenuros

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i found this ALL DAY FREE SOFT DRINK REFILL OFFER! When visiting your favourite theme parks during the month of June don’t forget to take advantage of the all day FREE soft drink refill offer. Simply purchase the specified souvenir Sipper at Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet‘n’Wild Water World for $9.95 and you can fill up as many times as you like all day! And you can take your souvenir sipper home with you and for wet n wild THINGS ARE HEATING-UP AT WET'N'WILD! There's no such thing as winter at Wet'n'Wild Water World - with pools and slides heated during the cooler months and over 300 days of sunshine in beautiful Queensland. This winter, the Whirlpool Springs will be transformed into the luxurious Whirlpool Hot Springs. Featuring ten twenty-person hot tubs heated to an amazing 36 degrees Celsius, get your friends together and experience the ultimate in relaxation and indulgence in their blissful warm waters. So whether you're into the thrill of the adrenaline pumping slides, relaxing in a heated pool or having fun with the kids, there's something for everyone at Wet'n'Wild Water World - where it's summer all year round.

Went to MW yesterday and have to admit that it was a nice day out... Lethal Weapon is back in operation again and it was close to one of the smoothest rides on LW in recent memory. Yes all shops are still opening later but that is something that can be easily overlooked with many characters out and about throughout the day for photo opportunities and generally entertaining the crowds. On a slight side note... During the HWSD showings noticed Gavin Coleman and a tech were sitting in the audience next to the control booth making notes throughout the show. Does anyone know if this a frequent occurence? Or could this be a sign that the long awaited Stage 2 is coming into play soon?

Well they were surpose to have phase 2 which was having 2 cars fly over from the differnt side but they scrapped it due to OHS and they had more but yes due to OHS of guest they must follow the safety procudures gavin sometimes sit out there to see what will happen in the show and also thinks that what need to be impoved for training and also it is very tight in the green box because you have either 2 or 3 techs in there and you also need a cordinator to tell when drivers to go. So that would be very tight! and noisy.

Two techs in the control booth, at least one with a headset, at least 2 techs behind the scenes, both with headsets, all drivers have headsets built in to their helmets. They can all talk to each other throughout the show... Why would you need a spotter in the audience to tell them what part of the show they are up to? The show is almost identical everytime and if their was an issue with a vehicle the driver can call it on the headset so the others are aware. When I did my training, the first part of both defensive and stunt driver training is to always know where your emergency routes are in the event of an unsuspected situation. I'm sure with the level of the Hell Drivers they would have all bases covered.

Pretty much every show in the world has a Stage Manager to 'call' the cues of the show. Whether you call it a Drive Co-Ordinator as it's a car show doesn't matter, they are still filling the Stage Manager Role. So Yes you still need someone out front on Comms to the rest of the show crew/cast. The guys in the booth are executing the technical cues and effects of the show.