Another Dreamworld FAIL !

So you're all wrong - it had nothing to do with Dreamworld's password being compromised... or any other page for that matter. A simple glitch in FACEBOOK itself led to the issue. After the news broke and people were going nuts, i tracked the offer down to see what it was all about. Because I 'took the offer', facebook followed up with a nice little email - attached below:

Call me a cynic but if I owned an internationally renowned, worldwide popular website, that would be exactly the type of response I would send out to downplay the incident. There would certainly be no admission that any accounts had been hacked or interfered with or that security had been compromised in any way. This would be done to allay any fears over general security issues. You would not want it to turn into a Sony Playstation network type of incident that would in any way cause your users to have a loss of confidence in the product at hand. The e-mail just seems a little too "generic" for my tastes...just saying!! Thats just me though....I could be wrong!! ;)

I already said I don't care. Since you still think I am lying here is one business. Shorethyme. You can't discredit people just because of their status, they may just know more and have done much more then you actually think they have. As I said yesterday in another thread. Ignore the spelling and grammar, as I was on my phone and like now I am very annoyed.

So you're all wrong - it had nothing to do with Dreamworld's password being compromised... or any other page for that matter.

See what I mean? Nobody bruteforces. This is exactly what I was talking about, some simple mistake opened up a method to post under Dreamworld's name on their own page.

I already said I don't care. Since you still think I am lying here is one business. Shorethyme. You can't discredit people just because of their status, they may just know more and have done much more then you actually think they have. As I said yesterday in another thread. Ignore the spelling and grammar, as I was on my phone and like now I am very annoyed.

Pardon me, I meant a business that needed security, not a restaurant with a POS manager network as their only pieces of computer equipment in the entire building. I did not discredit you because of your "status" Here's a nice long list: 1. Your age 2. Your lack of education Coupled with the reinforcements: 3. Your complete misunderstanding of bruteforce attacks 4. Your complete misunderstanding of Dictionary attacks 5. Your complete misunderstanding of server-side security and lockouts Yeah, you might be very well versed in Hospitality, Veterinary services, Nursing, Law studies, whatever, I don't care, it doesn't matter in this discussion, I assumed you were not well versed in Technology because of your education and you proved yourself that I was correct in assuming it. Edited by BemaniAK