Gazza

Beachouse Adelaide: Water Play Structure Proposal

4 posts in this topic

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/beachouse-owner-wants-to-build-1m-water-park-in-glenelg/story-fndo471r-1226554289694 Basically, the Hobsons bay council is offering a 21 year lease on a Beachfront site for developers, provided they upgrade facilities and the proposal attracts more people. The Beachouse owners want to install a typical water play structure. I don't mind the proposal...Would certainly add a bit more beef to the waterslide line up there.

Hmm. Looks like it would be quite good for little kids, but really of no consequence for anyone over the age of about 11. It's about time Adelaide started to get serious about tourism, but I doubt they ever will. The proposal is a complete joke compared to even one of the Gold Coast theme parks.

I disagree. I think water play structures are one of the best waterpark attractions out there, and for the constrained site at glenelg represents the best you could do. I just reckon water play structures are a really safe option, crowd pleasing, visually appealing, high capacity and quite marketable. You could literally buy one, put a fence around it and ticket booth, and basically have an instant water park to then work off.

You're quite right. Adelaide will probably never be a fun place to live, let alone to visit. Unless your idea of fun is something very simple like golf or driving around looking at wineries and then no probs. I am hoping to move to the Gold Coast soon so that I can stop wishing I was somewhere better!